Vampire Variations: Volume III - History

Chernabogue

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, congrats for all the work! I was following this project since many time ago, as well as visiting regularly this website and forums and some other VGM-related sites "in lurker mode".

But just wanted to exit from the shadows and say "hello" in this topic because Castlevania IV is one of my favorite videogames (as well as one of the first I ever played) and I have very good expectations about this project. Especially from some artists I already know and like (I join the party of those "Castlevania metalhead fans who worship the goat :P).

So, congrats again for all the work you are doing and thanks for it. Sure it will be worth the wait :)

Finally finished reading the HG101 book on Castlevania. Think I'll finally fire up and play SCIV as well. ..yeah. Never played it.

I do remember reading a lot about it from possibly dubious gaming magazines and game guides, so I do have a little bit of roundabout nostalgic connection to the game, ha.

Looking forward to Halloween :-[

Oh, great, the expected date will be finally accomplished! :D (I did read before about possible troubles and delays)

I actually played the game lots of times and it is one of my main favorites, but this is a very good time to play it again. CV4 never feels tired or repetitive. And this time I'll wait for halloween especially to get this awesome album! :D

By the way: the previous two volumes are very great too, but I have some special feeling with CV4 and maybe this makes this last part even more special for me :)

I did play through the first stage, just beat the first boss & began the second stage. Looks like it's full of exciting stuff, the whip mechanics are quite fun, lots of (vampire) variation in the levels, fun and impressive ideas (like the fence with gates, drawbridge, etc).. The music is indeed quite fantastic. Finally watched the intro too, and understood why there were these sound effects in our source tune :)

Kyle hosts a listening party on the day the album comes out (Oct 31, 4PM MST). I won't be able to make it (as I'm with my family during that week-end) but if you want to discover and comment on the album with other people, be sure to be there! :D

Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1216079631741983/

Aw, darn, I won't be able to be a part of the listening party :(. Least I can grab the album before I head off to work, so that is something.

At least you can enjoy the music. ;)

An online listening party? I'm not sure how they work, can someone explain?

An online radio will broadcast the album. See the Facebook event for more information.