X-Post From Original Music - Twilight Princess | Spirits' Theme and OoT Themes

The_Wizard_Lakmir

• 1 month later...

Surprised this doesn't have a bit more attention - this is great and deserves a bump! Firstly, you have some fantastic samples at work here. The reverb and instrument placement sound good. The mood is established very well, probably the best part of the track is its tone and direction. At certain points I would appreciate a slight bit less reverb, or perhaps some lower volumes, but overall? very good. I would like to see a bit more definition with some of the lead instruments as the song develops - things tend to stagnate a bit as the song progresses, it feels like wonderful background music!

For what its worth, I have trouble picking out the song of storms or requiem of spirit. The song feels influenced by Zelda, for sure - but I can't really pick out any of the direct themes, In general - it feels really original, perhaps too much so for a 'remix'. Still, awesome job and great track.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you much for the feedback k-wix. I definitely tried to arrange the instruments in a way that sounded as non distracting as possible. One of my goals was to create a song that, were I a citizen of Hyrule, would listen to while reading a book on Poe lore, the history of Kakariko, Gerudo culture, etc..

Feedback is very important to me, so thanks again for your comments; all good things to remember. :razz:

Beautiful arrangement! Quite mesmerizing.

I'd consider doing some EQing on the instruments to separate them more, the mix seems a bit busy in the low-mid frequencies especially @ around :50 (even better if you own a mid-side EQ) or maybe pan your instruments out a little wider. Maybe you can also try adding an exciter to add more high frequency information, coupled with a multi-band compressor, it should balance out your track some more. Personal preference though! just my 2 cents. Nice job overall!