OCR02990 - Street Fighter II 'The Eyepatch of the Tiger'

Liontamer

Honestly, i really wasn't sure if this would pass at all (I was worried about sample quality and i didn't trust my mixing abilities), but i'm happy it finally did! I think i have to thank Chimpazilla and all the other people from the workshop forum (and the Judges) for their feedback which really helped me to improve this!

From the first decision thread for this song:

EVERYTHING about this song works for me, except the amount of source used. Great production, playing, mood, and mix title! When the Sagat theme is in play, everything is firing right, but this is way too liberal for me.

So happy that Nostal was able to find more source to fit into this. I relistened to the version we passed and the way the instruments are put together really hits those happy synapses in my brain. Science! Awesome follow-up to the incredible Ocarina of Time mix - Nostal is very much on my radar.

There does seem to be something about Sagat's stage that lends itself to this kind of jazz really well. It just fits like a glove. I never really cared for Sagat's theme in it's original form, so I safely say that I would be all for hearing this anytime instead. Very good. Loving the e-piano here, man. Well done.