OCR03040 - *YES* Xenophobe 'Audiophobe'

Chimpazilla

This is Showroom Dummy, hello everybody.

I have no remixer ID on the forums, but I have a posted remix XD

Anyways, this is my newest remix:

It's from Xenophobe AMIGA I make it for PRC #258 http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45430

My style is more old electro influences and more calm but this mix I went very modern electro but with some twists :). I always try to keep pulse waves in mixes and this is one with them too. It is very powerful and I worked more on keeping it surprising for the listener all the time.

Hope is good for you guys and thanks for listening! (and sorry if any bad english)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

What a perfectly horrible source tune! Haha! This mix on the other hand, sounds pretty darned good. The arrangement is quite conservative, and ends up sounding a bit repeaty... but there is some super tasty personalization, and a definite Kraftwerk-meets-dancefloor flair going on. I love the filtered intro, the hard hitting drums and the glitching. There is some purposefully dissonant chippy-arpy stuff that I really like. Lots of little details here, good soloing.

YES

Edited by Chimpazilla

Well I must say, certainly more enjoyable than the source! Feels a lot tighter than the source too. Quite minimal in execution, but this song really doesn't require much, and the included elements are more than enough to carry it. Lots of unique fills and blips and blops throughout to make it your own. No real production crits from me, a little more body to the kick would be nice, but this seems well mixed with a decent level of clarity. Good to see unrepresented games get a mix against them in the catalogue.

YES

The soundscape feels like it's missing some padding to fully flesh the sound out, but that wasn't a problem in the big picture.

Kind of weird having the chippy lead from :54-1:26 seem like it was off-key with the backing.

In any case, I agree with the others that this gave more direction and focus to the source. I actually enjoyed the original in a twisted way, but the loose timing of some Amiga tunes is an acquired taste for some. There could have been some more spicyness in the arrangement, but there was solid dynamic contrast and development throughout. All in all, good work! :-)

YES

Man, I started on a vote for this one, but got distracted and closed it somewhere along the way.

Man, that source. Great job taking the best from it and giving it the structure and drive it should've had.

The only thing that really throws me is the off-key chip part (which has been mentioned) from :56 - 1:57. I'm assuming it was intentional, but it does give that part of the song a really odd feel, especially when the lead comes in. I personally don't like it, but it's not gonna hold back my vote.

YES