OCR00812 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Snowy Caps"

Liontamer

• 1 year later...

Huh. This remix is interesting. Despite it being an older track, I don’t have too many technical or production issues. It does get a bit repetetive, I’m afraid. I’d have liked to hear some variation somewhere - if not in the melody, then perhaps in the chord structure or something. I’m hearing a bit of dissonance at various points, which is interesting. You see, I’d actually have used more consonance and harmony, but that’s one of the things that intrigues me. I like artistic differences. To sum things up, this is a pretty good track, but I believe it suffers from a few issues. Even so, it’s a solid effort that makes some interesting choices. I approve.

• 2 weeks later...

And here’s number three in the list of remixes I listened to in my introductory year. This is a very drastic arrangement of the second Ice Cap theme. It’s kind of hard to hear the original melody over all the beats and samples used. The balancing is very uneven, as all I can really hear is the repetitive synth notes being played rapidly in succession throughout.

• 3 weeks later...

A nice interpretation of the Ice Cap theme in the intro leading into some nice arpeggio background compliments. The pad used throughout sounds very similar to the source material with helps keep the vibe from the original going. The bass-line is lifted directly from the source and meshes very well with the overall track. Production is very good, however the drum track is literally the same loop repeated throughout. One of this remixers better submissions.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00812 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Snowy Caps"