OCR00254 - Guardian Legend "8-bit Rox"

Liontamer

• 2 months later...

It feels like the wailing guitar can almost single-handedly carry the energy of this mix with every high, pitch-bent note it hits, notably when it plays the second half of the source (e.g. 0:36-0:47) and at 0:48 (my favorite parts). The layered/backup guitars certainly help give it the necessary footing to shine. When 1:23 hits, I imagine the Guardian is taking no prisoners as she scrambles across Area 0.

It is a little weird finding this reuploaded after Lockdown - it would've fit right at home on one of the first audio CDs I burned after I discovered OCR. What matters though is that I've heard the main area of the game get mixed (and well). And it Rox. :)

• 11 months later...

Alright, this is an older one. I was just a young’un at the time this was written. My verdict is… it still holds up today! There are a bunch of production issues here, but I suppose I shouldn’t complain too much, if only because it’s just SO FUN. I can imagine prozax rocking this song with wild abandon. Besides, it gets me smiling and tapping my toes. Can I really ask for anything more?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, this is some excellent 70's rock. Love the thick fuzzy rhythm guitar mixed with the bright and clear lead. Even the drums are very 70's with some nice ride usage! The production works fantastically with the vide the remixer was going for as well. The twin-guitar trade-off at 01:12 was unexpected but was very well executed.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00254 - Guardian Legend "8-bit Rox"
  • 4 years later...