OCR00344 - NiGHTS into dreams... "Good NiGHT"

Liontamer

• 1 year later...

Of the remixes I've listened to thus far, this is one of my favorites from ye olden days. The recording's clean, it's very laid back, and it's a pleasure to listen to. I'd have liked a bit more variation, but then, a bit of repetition does help with its floatiness and the general relaxed feeling. The fret noises add character, methinks, but I don't think that it'll work that way for every mix. And the "now I lay me down to sleep" sample at the end could have been a bit louder, I suppose. But hey, I'm just picking out faults at this point. Even after these 14 years, this remix is still worth listening to.

This really brings me back to ye olden days of OCR. The intro really reminds me of the EarthBound remix album (yes, yes, I know the EarthBound album wasn't even officially OCR)

One thing that really helps this mix stand the test of time is the live guitar. The sound is rich, it's played quite well, and the little riffs that the artist does are great. I'm very happy to see this mix posted on the site; it's well worth a listen & download.

Very relaxing track. You could close your eyes, and see yourself gliding above beautiful scenery under a starry sky. I wasn’t a fan of the voice samples thrown in there as they seemed somewhat distracting. But the voice samples do not take away from how nice and soothing this track is.

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing says 'mellow' like waves crashing on a beach. Unless of course those waves are 20 feet high and you're stood on said beach...

Anyway, this is a much more successful meshing of live guitars and programmed drums than prosax's previous effort on Half-Life. The bass in this one is given a lot more love and compliments the clean guitar lead nicely. The sudden voice sample in the middle made me jump a little and made me a bit less mellow, which is a shame. Overall though this is lovely track that still hold up well today.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00344 - NiGHTS into dreams... "Good NiGHT"