An OverClocked Christmas v8 recruting now! (deadline now Dec. 18th!)

The Coop

With Dyne taking the year off to party and drown himself in various types of profound debauchery this year, I'm stepping into the vacancy he left behind. Why? Well, it seems folks are still wanting a Christmas album to be made, and Dyne seemed open to the idea of watching from his hidden palace of pleasures on the unmarked island he'll be staying on. So, here we go.

This project is open to any and all OCR members, regardless of whether you're a posted remixer or not. And now, a few details...

When's The Project Deadline?- December 18th, 2014 at 11:59 P.M. EST.

This is a hard, non-negotiable deadline. The last few years have proven to be a mess of last second entries and changes when, to be honest, it shouldn't have been. It made Dyne's evenings hectic, and mine as well. As such, you have until one minute before midnight EST on December 17th to get me the final WAV or MP3 of your song. After that, you're shit outta luck until next year. Dyne's still willing to set up the web page, and I don't want to send him everything at the last second. Plus, I need time to do everything, so this deadline's set in stone.

What Information Does The Coop Need?- When you send me your final versions, I'll need your name, the name of your track, and the name of the source tune you remixed. All of this is for the back of the album art, and the comments section of the MP3s, so make sure you let me know all of this... especially what name you want to use (real, screenname, etc.).

What Can Be Remixed?- Any song, really. Traditional Christmas carols, video game music, published music by a signed artist... whatever gets your heart racing and into that Christmas spirit. This isn't an official OCR album, so you can draw from more sources than just VGM. Plus, you can take a non-Christmas tune, like

, or
, and turn it into a Christmasy one. So know that it's not limited only to songs that are Christmas-like to begin with. All that said, do keep in mind that if you want to submit your song to OCR, you'll need to stick to the site's guidelines.

How Long Can My Song Be?- As long as you want it to be. There are no restrictions on this, so whether it's 1:30, or 9:51 with a five minute guitar solo ala Metallica, it's all good. But again, if you want to get your song on OCR, stick to their guidelines.

What Genres Can I Remix In?- Again, the door's wide open here. Rap, Metal, Pop, Piano-solo, Orchestral, Jazz, Barber Shop Quartet, Death Polka... it's up to you where you want to take it.

What Format Should I Submit My Song In?- WAV and/or an MP3 of at least 192KB/s quality. I'll be tagging the MP3s, and making MP3s from any submitted wavs, so you don't have to worry about that. But, if you'd like your website to be in the MP3 comments section, be sure to give it to me when you submit your song.

How About A Little Music To Get Us In The Mood?- To help everyone along, here's a YouTube list of Christmasy tunes made by Ocre a couple of years ago... http://ocremix.org/forums/showpost.php?p=881972&postcount=19

But remember, not all famous Christmas tunes are upbeat and cheerful. There are some that are more somber or haunting in tone, so you have more moods to play with than happy happy joy joy.

What's The Website's Address Again?- Thanks to Obtuse, it's still... http://www.obtusemusic.net/OCR_Christmas/index.htm

How Do We Contact This The Coop Person?- If you've got questions, comments, concerns, or your track is done and ready to be sent to me, you can PM me here on OCR, or send me an E-mail at thecoopscorner@yahoo.com.

So yeah, there we go. You've got roughly two-and-a-half months to get something done for the lovely people of OverClocked Remix, and the listeners around the world who've become followers of our project. So good luck, have fun, and make some Nice Work™!

Edited by The Coop

As an unknown I missed last year simply to practice composing. I have approximately 2 months now to come up with something because my project I was working on is on its final stages of completion thus leaving me more of a window to submit something for review for the Overclocked Xmas v8.

I am super excited to start, still unknown if I can finish it on time. I have an idea already but i'm just hoping this idea hasn't been done.

Making an Xmas sample is easy, making it into a track however seems a bit more challenging.

I guess it's crunch time =D

I am so happy that this will continue this year. I am more than happy than to share my server space with this project.

Maybe I'll even get time to make a song. I'm learning tapping techniques on the bass and it would be cool to take a christmas song and use that technique on a song.

Also to The Coop, the animation on the website is awesome! Good job sir.

• 3 weeks later...
Also to The Coop, the animation on the website is awesome! Good job sir.

A rather belated, Thanks :)

Well, it's been nearly a month since this got kicked off. How's everyone doing with their tracks thus far? I'll be sending out PMs soon to everyone who stepped up to make/try to make a track this year, but I figured I'd give this thread a bump as well.

• 1 month later...

Posting this in here since Rexy's inbox is full (and to bump the thread)...

Greetings once again, folks.

I thought I'd check in and see how things are going with the remixes for this year's project. As I'm sure at least a few of you are aware, we have exactly two weeks to go before the deadline hits. So hopefully if you hadn't started anything when I contacted you all the first time, you've got something going on by now.

As for me, my track's duration is in place, and I'm going back through each instrument and working on sprucing up notations and such. The album cover is very close to being done, and it looks like everything is still on track for being good to go on my end of things.

Also, HoboKa submitted our first finished track. This means at the very least, we'll have two songs on the album (his and mine). But, I think it's safe to say people would like there to be more ;-)

Hope to hear back from you all!

- TC