OCR00382 - Balloon Fight "Ska Poppin'"

Liontamer

• 1 year later...

Ah, Brandon Strader finished a remix of this theme for the Satoru Iwata tribute album. :) This shows virt's skills even back in 2001. The brass sequencing ain't too bad. The soundscape is noticeably thin, especially the distorted electric guitars, but compositionally this really shines among the tracks of its time, and even holds up pretty well today. Don't miss this one!

This track will relax you, then it will pump you up when you least expect it, and then it will relax you again. And in the case of this track, that’s not a bad thing. The brass solo during the first minute of the track seemed a little soft and lacking in energy. Very fun track with a nice balance of relaxation and excitement.

• 3 weeks later...

Ska! I love me some ska, makes me do some incredibly embarrassing dad-dancing (according to my wife at least). This is track is very well done, though the sudden appearance of the fuzzy rhythm guitar at 01:02 was a tiny bit jarring. Everything is full of energy, as it should be with any ska tune and the mix itself is very well produced with the brass popping at all the right moments and keys coming through nicely. Excellent work!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00382 - Balloon Fight "Ska Poppin'"
  • 2 years later...

wow. posted back in 2001.  This song is so great.  The tune by Chip Tanaka has the ska / island flair to it, and this remix takes it where it needed to go.

Jake Kaufman, remixer in 2001 who is now having his shantae and shovel knight compositions being remixed by other fans.

OCREMIX, the circle is complete.