Idea for next year: Halloween ReMix Month

Dave the Rave

Greetings once again, OCR staff members.

After the whole Mixflood month idea from last month, I have just thought of an idea that we COULD do for next year. An idea that I like to call Halloween ReMix Month.

Here’s the pitch. Everyday through out October, in the spirit of Halloween, we post one ReMix per day. The ReMixes in question can be anything. It could be from a horror game. It could be a level like a haunted house or graveyard. It could be about the protagonist, who is a witch/werewolf/mummy/zombie/ghost/etc. It could be a boss battle against a monster or a horror themed foe. It can even be a villain’s theme. Just as long as the ReMix is spooky in some way.

So what do you think? Do you agree to this idea or disagree?

Greetings once again, OCR staff members.

After the whole Mixflood month idea from last month, I have just thought of an idea that we COULD do for next year. An idea that I like to call Halloween ReMix Month.

Here’s the pitch. Everyday through out October, in the spirit of Halloween, we post one ReMix per day. The ReMixes in question can be anything. It could be from a horror game. It could be a level like a haunted house or graveyard. It could be about the protagonist, who is a witch/werewolf/mummy/zombie/ghost/etc. It could be a boss battle against a monster or a horror themed foe. It can even be a villain’s theme. Just as long as the ReMix is spooky in some way.

So what do you think? Do you agree to this idea or disagree?

We don't get enough submissions that are spooky/eerie/creepy to do a flood month dedicated to that one theme, but that works more as a last week of October thing, when Halloween is on everyone's minds the most. I hope that by next September when we do another flood month that we're more caught up with the submissions queue, which inherently limits theme potential (but for a good reason). Even when you broaden it to anything from a horror/Gothic game or villainous, I don't see us having 31 mixes ready for this kind of month-long theme, even if we asked for them. But 3-5 is usually something that can be rustled up.

Edited by Liontamer