*Results!* MnP 24: Kingdom Hearts - Traverse Town

HoboKa

I have a good chunk done, I'd be happy to submit this but since there's still time, I have some ideas I want to try out.. plus right now I have a cop-out fadeout in the end, maybe I'll have more ideas for the structure. The mix is not that MnP, I'm pondering if I should submit it as a bonus.. but I'll see if it still has enough of the original feel left.

edit: done, I'll try to upload later tonight.

Edited by evktalo

A simple question: can the winner of previous round enter the next compo?

Yes, but his/her mix is a Bonus Mix, as written under 5:

5. Only 1 entry per participant. Previous winner must enter a BONUS entry.

I think there's a small mistake in it. I think Hoboka means that the previous winner does not necessarely have to enter the next round, but if he/she does, it's a bonus mix.

Now it reads like that if you win a MnP, you are obliged to enter with a bonus mix.

I think there's a small mistake in it. I think Hoboka means that the previous winner does not necessarely have to enter the next round, but if he/she does, it's a bonus mix.

Now it reads like that if you win a MnP, you are obliged to enter with a bonus mix.

Thanks! #TooLazyToRead

After some thought, I decided to upload my mix as a bonus mix. Enjoy! I'll try to make this my last compo entry in a while. I need the time for other things. This is too addictive!

Not a problem!

I think there's a small mistake in it. I think Hoboka means that the previous winner does not necessarily have to enter the next round, but if he/she does, it's a bonus mix.

Fixed it. Thanks Bundeslang for pointing that out.

EDIT

Thanks! #TooLazyToRead

Heh, happens all the time to me too =p NP Chernabogue!!

Edited by HoboKa

Sliding into that deadline like

tumblr_nac7yaqUfX1sv5a34o1_400.gif

EDIT: Jorito, hot damn is that impressive. Seeing as the deadline's passed, might as well make small general comments as I listen through the other tracks.

DusK, I really like your remix. It's really, really relaxing.

Touchstone, I think the clarinet is being covered up by the strings. I like the arrangement though.

Unknown Alias, using the cello as the main instrument was a nice touch. Was that recorded or made using a sample library?

evktalo: If this was PRC, I'd definitely vote! :-D

gercr: I really like the Hispanic/Spanish influence (don't know which region it comes from, Latin Am. or Spain, but it's nice!), hope you decide to pick this one up and run with it

Me: I don't want to talk about it

Edited by Anorax

Welcome to the Voting Stage!

• Chernabogue has a vote that's worth 2x
  • There are 6 participants this round. And 1 Bonus.
  • Do not vote for any bonus tracks. If there are any.
  • There is a first-place voter bonus this round - so everyone make sure you vote to cash in on it.

**Remember: participants may not vote for themselves**

Vote ends oct. 26 @ 8pm Pacific

Edited by HoboKa

well this one was REALLY tough for me to make.

Seconded.

Had a really tough decision on trying to figure out what track got the higher vote, and ultimately it came down to production quality. As I said in my voting comments I really hope that the three I voted for get fleshed out and polished up, because they're all great in my opinion. Who knows, maybe one day we'll see some of these submissions make it through the judges queue?

Seconded.

Had a really tough decision on trying to figure out what track got the higher vote, and ultimately it came down to production quality. As I said in my voting comments I really hope that the three I voted for get fleshed out and polished up, because they're all great in my opinion. Who knows, maybe one day we'll see some of these submissions make it through the judges queue?

Always a possibility.

...hopefully not all MnP votes will boil down to production quality only, but there's been a few times where I felt it necessary. More often then not, I've voted on submissions that were "sub-par" production-wise, because of the other factors like mood, sound choices, harmony; and that fine balance between closeness to source and reinterpretation that makes MnP's mission statement somewhat difficult to define, but eh, it was my fault for making it this way haha.

Can MnP 25 be a special round that ends on Halloween, and maybe include a listening party?

EDIT:

...hopefully not all MnP votes will boil down to production quality only, but there's been a few times where I felt it necessary.

well, when I was torn between two tracks I equally enjoyed, I had to look somewhere else for a decisive measure

Edited by Anorax