*Results!* MnP 24: Kingdom Hearts - Traverse Town

HoboKa

At least you can still vote! :-D

^ like he said

Can MnP 25 be a special round that ends on Halloween, and maybe include a listening party?

EDIT:

well, when I was torn between two tracks I equally enjoyed, I had to look somewhere else for a decisive measure

EDIT

We can definitely have a listening party for round 25, I'll ask Rexy how to go about it.

Edited by HoboKa

Arecibo Radio is also something worth investigating. Bunch of OCR people have shows there (Kyle, JH Sounds, Overcoat, Dyne, Cyril the Wolf, jmr) and it seems like they take one-off shows, or at least shows that have irregular schedules.

A show dedicated to OCR compos wouldn't be a bad idea, actually. =)

Okay, I'll look into it!

Arecibo Radio is also something worth investigating. Bunch of OCR people have shows there (Kyle, JH Sounds, Overcoat, Dyne, Cyril the Wolf, jmr) and it seems like they take one-off shows, or at least shows that have irregular schedules.

A show dedicated to OCR compos wouldn't be a bad idea, actually. =)

Didn't see that before (but it doesn't matter, since most shows are at night for me). I see DOD has a listening party here. Listening party's are interesting, but only when there's a good amount of songs (it does not make much sense when there are only 2 / 3 songs which is mostly the case).

If that will be done, it should be done at least some hours before the voting stage ends to allow people who listen to the show to vote as well. That doesn't allow extensions of the contest.

So I don't think listening party's will work for PRC or MnP (but they do for DOD since that contest almost always has at least 8 songs). But maybe for special rounds (MnP25).

A monthly show for remix compos is an interesting idea, it can play all (or only the best) MnP, Shovel Knight and PRC songs of that month (and some classics can be played to make it a 1-hour or 2-hour show, depending on the amount of songs).

Didn't see that before (but it doesn't matter, since most shows are at night for me). I see DOD has a listening party here. Listening party's are interesting, but only when there's a good amount of songs (it does not make much sense when there are only 2 / 3 songs which is mostly the case).

If that will be done, it should be done at least some hours before the voting stage ends to allow people who listen to the show to vote as well. That doesn't allow extensions of the contest.

So I don't think listening party's will work for PRC or MnP (but they do for DOD since that contest almost always has at least 8 songs). But maybe for special rounds (MnP25).

A monthly show for remix compos is an interesting idea, it can play all (or only the best) MnP, Shovel Knight and PRC songs of that month (and some classics can be played to make it a 1-hour or 2-hour show, depending on the amount of songs).

That monthly show thing is a good idea actually! Also, me and Rexy are gonna play it by ear for round 25, might be that we can figure something - I can share that conversation with you, if you'd like Bunda!

Results

• DusK got 1st place with 23 points
  • Jorito got 2nd with 14 points
  • Unknown Alias got 3rd with 11 points
  • gercr tied with anorax/Electrolisystem for 4th with 5 points
  • touchstone got last with 4 points. EDIT: I'll give you a silver spoon for participation, touchstone! =D

DusK, please pick a scary source tune for round 25. The Late Howlowe'en special =p

Comments:

Nice turn out guys and some interesting votes! Hopefully my vote was consistent to the theme of MnP this time lol. Anyway, HOWLOWE'EN special is coming up for round 25 y'all. Yeah, as Argle pointed out, it's going to be well into November when it's time to vote (roughly around the 8th or 9th) - but next year the timing shall be better - I swear it by THQ's grave :nicework:

And there is a possibility of some form of listening party for round 25...

just did a super last minute vote with 20 mins to spare lol. good luck u guys.

Noice, thx for voting mike!

Edited by HoboKa

Congrats to DusK for the first place, and to the rest of course!

Too bad I didn't have time to really polish my entry, feels a bit rough to me. Still fun to do though :) Jazz voices were from Omnisphere btw.

Omnisphere!? Really! Wow that thing is beast!

EDIT

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=48225 next round is up!

If there are any ideas, I would like to hear about it.

*sigh* Rexy said that it won't work out for the radio show she hosts. The company behind the source tune (Capcom) is apparently the issue.

As for the monthly show gig, I think we'd need a lot of submissions to justify doing it - not sure if we can get enough.

I mean, we don't HAVE to use a radio-party bot, we could just hop into an IRC channel and get everyone to just play the tunes from ThaSauce and give input via chat. Won't be as synchronized of course.

Edited by HoboKa