Sonic 2 - Planet Oil

Rayza

The judges would give this a:  

255 members have voted

1. 1. The judges would give this a:

Am I even allowed to comment on this mix in the presence of Rayza and Zircon? I'm a fan of both of those guys, and this is what I would expect from Rayza. Pretty freaking badass. Since I couldn't hope to find anything wrong with this mix, I will say this deserves to reach the ears of the masses on OCR. *bows* well done, sir. My hat's off to you.

Yeah, this needs more variation in general. It could use more synthleads to switch between. Also changing the rythm in some places would do, as the song sounds pretty similiar all the way through. Again, this needs more variation in the sounds used. I Think it sounds a bit more like a wip, it's enjoyable, but not there yet.

first of all... I also dislike (I'm being nice) this music in sonic. but the remix is cool... if you're considering it as a WIP, meybe you should do some more arrangement, like many people said.

and I don't know if it's just me, but this song had quite an "arabian" touch... mainly in the beggining. it reminded me of belly dance music, until 0:30, when the eletronic stuff begins!

I say "touch" because I think that later it lost this feeling... if you intended to make it that way, I think you've forgot it as your worked went on. If that's not the case, maybe you could arrange it that way! ;)

(OT)

Oh, this caught me unprepared. GeckoYamori, I read that name in the song and then realized, HEY, I've seen you before! First on the SuperPlay-forums and then also on the Studio-forums.

Hiii!!! ;P

And about the mix, haven't got much to say; it's not kickass awesome, according to my taste, but in a technical point-of-view it's nothing to complain about at all.

• 5 months later...

Ive actually had this for a long time, for some reason... I was wondering why I couldn't find it on the site...

I like it, but as quite a few others have else said, it could use a little more variation. Perhaps you could add one of those cool flute things that snake charmers use (known as pungi).

But, yeah, if I was a judge, i'd pass this.

• 2 weeks later...