PRC282 - Results - Making Illusions of Gotham (Batman + Illusion City)

Bundeslang

Sir_NutS: Looking forward to it!

Anorax: Ouch, that sucks! Don’t you have an old render to share so we can hear what direction you were taking it? :)

Yami: The game only runs on turboR and didn’t have a translation at all for a long time, and now still only has a partial translation, so not many people in the west have played it. However the music is well known in MSX-land :).

Edited by Grauw

Yami: The game only runs on turboR and didn’t have a translation at all for a long time, and now still only has a partial translation, so not many people in the west have played it. However the music is well known in MSX-land :).

Well, honestly, except for Metal Gear, every MSX game I played was japanese, so translations weren't common for me... But still, I didn't know it..:mrgreen:

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. This round has 5 songs. To vote, do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote and leave feedback. However, they may not vote for themselve. They get a free first place if they vote, so it is profitable to vote. Non participants are encouraged to vote to decide the winner and leave comments.

- Last but not least, since there are issues with editing scores, ignore the scores on ThaSauce after the voting stage, look in this thread to find out who's the winner of the round, after the voting stage.

Sir Nuts and Grauw both have a vote that counts twice.

You have until THIS Wednesday, October 29th 10:59 am ThaSauce time (I guess, maybe it's now 11:59 pm, at least it's 2 days from now) to vote. Check the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner may choose the source tune for PRC283.

Check the ThaSauce Page to vote.

If anyone have issues voting via ThaSauce you can vote by sending me a PM at Ocremix.

Edited by Bundeslang

"If for some reason it is not possible to leave boxes empty, fill in Evktalo's song in that place."

But Evktalo doesnt even have a song this round!.... hehe :P

---------------------------------------------------------------

I manage to rush a song and uploaded 9 seconds before the deadline, I felt that it was my duty to make a batman entry since it was a pretty awesome source and everyone was ignoring it.

Also, apologies for the bad grammar, it should read: "It could be some mixing problems, but again, time was not on my side..."

-edit: I was going to ask what kind of super awesome guitar vsti was that, Jorito. I knew it sounded too good to be a Virtual instrument.

Edited by gercr

"If for some reason it is not possible to leave boxes empty, fill in Evktalo's song in that place."

But Evktalo doesnt even have a song this round!.... hehe :P

---------------------------------------------------------------

I manage to rush a song and uploaded 9 seconds before the deadline, I felt that it was my duty to make a batman entry since it was a pretty awesome source and everyone was ignoring it.

Also, apologies for the bad grammar, it should read: "It could be some mixing problems, but again, time was not on my side..."

-edit: I was going to ask what kind of super awesome guitar vsti was that, Jorito. I knew it sounded too good to be a Virtual instrument.

Copy pasta.:-D

Since it's now possible to leave boxes empty that sentence is gone. And grammar doesn't matter much for me, my English is far from perfect as well. As long as I can understand what you mean, I will not use it while voting.:mrgreen:

Just for kicks, here's an older version of my song with the MIDI guitar, basically just a raw, made up on the spot lead that I didn't spend any work on programming at all: http://www.jorito.net/files/Illusion%20City/ic_20141019b.mp3

Still, I think I could have gotten quite close if I'd spent a lot of time on programming the midi and articulations properly and played with the amps a bit. This is Shreddage 2 btw, luv it.

Voted...

Great entries.

Also hearing again my entry was not a nice experience. Next time, if I only have a couple of hours to do a PRC, I will do something that does´nt involve real instruments, soo many mistakes.....

Edited by gercr

It's results time.

Total number of mixes - 5

Total number of votes - 8

Maximum Score - 27.

Voting stats can be found in this picture.

Voting.png

Yami gets the last place wooden spoon with 6 points.

Supercoolmike got 11 points and ends at fourth place.

Gercr was the only one who used the Batman source, his 12 points are enough for third place.

Meits starts his PRC carreer with 14 points and the second place.

And the winner of PRC282 is Jorito with 26 points.

Congratulations Jorito, you got seven first place vote and a second place vote. Great work. The differences between the others (especially 2-4) are small, all of you did a great job, it was a good round again. I hope we can keep this level of quality.

Jorito, you may select a source for PRC283. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix).

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

Send your source as fast as you can, but before this Friday, 31 October 2014.

You can find the votes with comments here:

http://compo.thasauce.net/votes/index/PRC282

Edited by Bundeslang

LOL, I like my internet connection a lot, thankyouverymuch. Also I need it to submit a new source ;)

Thanks for the congrats, was an entertaining track to do. Guess all that that piled up inspiration from the years I've known that song paid off! And congrats to Meits for his second place.

And the good part... I am not allowed to participate next round so no interference from me!