OCR03002 - Destiny 'Hope Rising'

djpretzel

This ReMix is wonderful and definitely has an uplifting spirit about it. It is nice to see a ReMix with a message of a brighter future that isn't overly cheerful or cartoony. Just beautiful and on point. Gorgeous vocal work from Jillian and awesome musical chops from Zircon. You just can't get much better than that.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Bridges about bridges. What have you DONE? Anyhow, this is yet another epic collaboration between Jill and zircon. I don’t think there’s much more that needs to be said, but golly, I’m gonna give it a shot. Jill’s vocals are a joy to listen to, and zircon’s electronic soundscapes are constantly swirling around and forming a powerful backdrop. The intro, oddly enough, reminds me of Owl City’s Fireflies. Anyone else, or am I just nuts? Regardless, I wanna see that collaboration, guys. Get on it. The layered vocals and constant arps work together really well. I might have liked a bit more on the bassy side, but that's just a personal choice and it's more than fine without it. I officially approve of this here remix, so shoo and make with the listening.

I managed to miss this remix despite all the noise around it. And wow, that's really excellent -- what would you expect but goodness from the Aversas? :) The choice of synths is on spot. Jillian's voice is beautiful, as always. My words cannot describe the quality of the remix, so I'll just finish by saying that it's also nice to see modern soundtracks getting some OCR love! :)

• 7 years later...

Fascinating. Um... The strongest impression I got off this song, throughout, was that it really really sounded to me like a song that could have featured in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. From the lyrics to the sparkly rising music, to the vocals; This vocalist sounds a lot to me like the singing voice of Rarity. I would consider that a good thing, and it has a very cohesive style. I just find myself laughing that this particular cohesive style, to my ear, has ponies and rainbows written all over it.
    Leaving that aside for a moment, I feel like this song does an excellent job of evoking the joy of exploration with feelings of intense wistful determination bordering on greed for the delight of uncovering the unknown. I listen to it, and I picture people (well, ponies, but I said I'd leave that aside) building crystal towers into the sky, and shining lattices that connect worlds.