Shadow of the Colossus [UPDATE: 7/16]

sephfire

• 3 weeks later...

I think so vocals would finish this off perfectly. Great work capturing the mood on this one, I am ready to hear this one finished.

My suggestion for the planned vocals is have them come in only in the second half; I agree witht he earlier comment that once it hits a certain point it doesn't build anymore, and though it doesnt get boring, it could do more.

Keep us posted on the status please, this is a great track.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

IT'S ALIVE!!!

http://www.sephfire.com/music/snowfall.mp3

Now featuring the voice of newcomer Ceili softly contributing to the soundscape. We both apologize for such a lengthy delay on this mix. We put off recording for months out of laziness. But I think we all agree it's tim this sucker was finished and submitted.

Before we submit, though, I'd like some feedback on the voice addition. I can't hear it objectively anymore and I want to be sure it's worked in there properly.

Sorry again! (I wish I could change the thread title. Oh well.)

Ooooh right idea with the vocals def worth the wait. Although the first time they come in is a lil loud. On their first entrance IMO they should creap in slowly. The soundscape sounds thicker than before, especially the base and percussion.

2:07 sounds like the vocals appear in the forefront just a second late. Don't know if that's intentional or not.

3:03 was a perfect place for the vocals, that whole section with them sounds awesome.

Overall her voice sounds beautiful and the processing fits perfectly with the soundscape.

4:04 the entrance sounds alil off IMO.

If I were to change anything it would be in sections where her voice suddenly appears, to have the vocals actually start a lil bit before hand and crescendo up into the main vocal part.

Alot of my comments about the timing issues could be due to the fact I've listened to the previous version so many times that anything new or different added to the mix will feel off.

One thing I gotta ask is did u play this by ear or did you find a midi of it somewhere? I've been looking everywhere for SotC midis. Thank you for finishing this one.