OCR03004 - Biker Mice from Mars 'Rock and Ride'

djpretzel

Yeah, man, let the rock flow! Willrock taking one of the Biker Mice Race themes and going full on 70's with it is a real treat. This game's soundtrack was made to be ReMixed, and I'm glad Willrock gave it a proper treatment with rolling background riffs, some major drum hits and various sets of guitar solos at different tempos. Fadeout doesn't bug me either. That's how it was done in those days for a lot of songs, so it fits. Great mix, Willrock.

• 1 year later...

Your typical WillRock remix -- electric guitars, synths, and lots of energy. This one is maybe more aggressive in terms of writing and mixing. Lots of crazy solos everywhere -- a realy pleasure to follow. Nice breakdown(s) in the middle -- I love the section with the drum solo. A real rollercoaster of emotions. Moar please!

• 7 years later...

I believe the word is "overdriven". This track is so grunged and bled out that the sounds have very little definition. If you like that kind of thing, this might be fun I guess, but while the rollin' riffs are pretty cool, and I respect the break into chill and slower performance in the middle, I feel the distortion drags it down. I also find the drum solos kinda self-indulgent and don't personally feel they add much but a momentary interruption.