Your ReMixer nameL ectogemia

Your real name: Nathan Becker

Your website: soundcloud.com/ectogemia & facebook.com/ectogemia

Your userid: 13080

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged: Gunstar Heroes

Name of arrangement: "Boiling Point"

Name of individual song(s) arranged: 'Stars Too High'

Additional information about game including composer, system, etc. (if it has not yet been added to the site)

Link to the original soundtrack (if it is not one of the sound archives already available on the site)

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc: Do you think it's chaotic enough?

• 1 month later...

Yes Nathan, it's chaotic. *takes two Motrin*

I decided to take a stab at the source use. I'd appreciate if someone else could help me verify this:

remix 0:00-0:22 is source 0:00-0:14 (22 seconds)

remix 0:22-0:44 is source 0:14-0:26 (22 seconds)

remix 0:44-0:53 is original

remix 0:53-1:26 is source 0:28-0:55 but I only hear the backing arp and the lead writing seems to be original (33 seconds if arp is enough source)

remix 1:26-1:32 is original

remix 1:32-1:48 is source 0:55-1:09 (16 seconds)

remix 1:48-2:11 is source 0:55-1:09 but very interpreted (23 seconds if this counts)

remix 2:11-2:22 is original

remix 2:22-2:44 seems to be based on the source bassline from 1:09-1:17, heavily interpreted, wow that's tenuous (22 seconds)

remix 2:44-3:06 same as above but with a lead melody I can't recognize (22 seconds)

remix 3:06-3:19 is source 1:17-1:20 (13 seconds)

173/199 or 87% source if all the above counts, someone help me determine if it all counts ok?

The track is very VERY hectic. There's a lot of stuff going all at once, it's probably mixed about as well as I'd expect while being this busy. I don't have any real criticisms other than it just feels too busy. I like the transitions but I wish there was an actual soft breakdown somewhere, emphasis on "break." *whew*

YES

Edited by Chimpazilla

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really hear this as all that chaotic; high-energy perhaps, with a lot of syncopation, but it's pretty straightforward. I think Kris's source breakdown is pretty spot on, and I can hear the source all over this track so I'm not too worried about source usage.

Nice effects and some pretty energetic part-writing. Kris might be right on possibly needing a break somewhere; this goes pretty hard all the way through, but I think you manage it pretty well.

Nothing sticking out as bad here. I think it's a pretty solid track.

YES

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to Chimp for the detailed breakdown, it definitely helped make this vote a bit easier!

Yeah, I'm digging this.. The relentless hyper-D&B isn't my favorite style, but you executed it with a lot of finesse and managed to pull off the glitching and insane melodic wankery with a good amount of tact. Mixing is super-clean, which must have been very hard to achieve here, but you did good.

I think this track was designed to melt faces and it does a pretty good job accomplishing that - not much more I can say!

YES

This is a bit crazy, especially near the end! There's a lot of quirky textures going on which gives this track a pretty unique flavor. The mixing is clear, the parts come across well, the balance is good, and the source is apparent (thanks, Kris!). I'd say it's an easy decision here.

I'd say this isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, but it is a fun take that is definitely different from what everyone else would do to the track! Neat listen!

YES