An Organ Fugue!

ohaiguy

I actually recently did this for college but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out :) Also, it's Halloween season so it came at the right time of year :twisted:

https://soundcloud.com/ohaiguy/fugue-in-a-minor-for-organ

I don't know what the fugue a fugue is, but that was pretty cool. I enjoyed where your ear took the melody (quite unique). I am curious though, did you play it in free time or quantized? It sounded free, but that is some great playing if so.

I don't know what the fugue a fugue is, but that was pretty cool. I enjoyed where your ear took the melody (quite unique). I am curious though, did you play it in free time or quantized? It sounded free, but that is some great playing if so.

Nah, it's all midi. I scored first in Finale then bounced to FL studio.

Pretty cool! I've experimented with some fugal writing before and its definitely not a simple task. I feel that the development could have been a bit longer once all of the voices entered. Pretty cool though.

Yeah, I think the piece in general could've been a bit longer. But, I only had a week to write the thing. So, it had to be a bit short :/

Definitely makes you appreciate the effort in writing fugues though.

Edited by ohaiguy