OCR01483 - EarthBound "Nirvana"

djpretzel

This is really great. Very appropriate title as well. It definitely has the Pocohontas vibe and in a good way too.

I keep asking my sister to let me know when you and her are hanging out so I can join and finally meet you in person - haha I almost got to this weekend - I told her to call me if you were at some friend's "moving to a new house party" she was telling me you might be at. Anyway, I'm in town on the weekends so hit me back if you want to hang. And by hang I mean you can play this song and all your other OCRemixes for me haha.

Great job buddy.

Beautiful work. Very calm, reflective, (my favorite word) melancholy. Normally I've got some mental imagery conjuring and conforming to any good remix/song at all, but for this there's just a pleasant nothing, a small inkling of a stream, water, just a natural, gentle flow on a warm, lazy day.

Dhsu's pianomanshipness is the best of OCR, and it's nice to see how the complexity of his mixes has grown as well.

Great work. Very approriate title, too!

A friend of mine sent me the link for the Bound Together project page, where I downloaded the whole thing. I think taking the time to slow this particular tune down does it a lot of good. You work extremely well with the piano. The title you chose for your arrangement fits perfectly--listening to it is certainly a few amazing minutes of nirvana.

• 3 weeks later...

I dig this, I like the subtle pauses and hesitations. It does bear a resemblance to Pocahontas but not like you ripped anything off, it's a good thing. It's a great arrangement, but I'd like to see somebody do a 180 and bring out that rad percussion from the original

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been very much into melancholy and/or ominous piano stuff recently, and hearing this is almost emotionally shocking. Like my heart has jumped from an ice lake into a hot spring. Not... accustomed to... uplifting piano music. So pretty... so full of hope and sunshine. *dies of aural hypothermia*

Seriously, this music could uplift the unupliftable. It's an amazing emotive piece that I can't get enough of. It's music to dream happy thoughts to. Thoughts like: Joint-handed children skipping through a town made of teacake situated within a meadow of donuts and napping puppies. Otherwise known as Nirvana.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Since it was both mentioned that this sounds Eastern and Disney's Pocahontas-esque, I can hear both in here, and it's like whoa....

This piece does have a transcendental feel to it, that peacefully calming mood. There's also something in this mix that just makes me smile. I guess its just a touch of nostalgia and familiarity that's been woven throughout here. All in all, I really like this mix A Lot.

• 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01483 - EarthBound "Nirvana"