OCR03008 - Batman 'Cleaning Out Axis'

djpretzel

I think most of us are used to a darker theme coming from Batman. I certainly did not expect this.

I always have to remind myself that there is an entire generation with very little exposure to the wacky 60s Adam West Batman. I guess dark brooding Batman is the correct version, but the 60s TV show is what really first drove Batman into the public consciousness.

The NES version does get fairly dark even though it has nothing to do with the movie; the stage I picked is the "lighter" of the bunch.

Haha, I love the SHISH BOOM PAH! or however you wanna say it. :lol: This is almost like a musical projection of the Batman comics. So hilarious.

That was actually a signature of the TV show.

Edited by Midee

Yeah, not something I would normally expect from a Batman thing nowadays, but having seen some of the old Adam West Batman stuff, this fits right at home in that era. I even love the little punch riffs from the brass and the quick nod to the theme. Wonderful mix.

Oh my gosh this is wonderful. I loved every second of it. Joyfully, unapologeticlly 60s/70s with a relentless drive that does the best of the NES proud. The nods to a stupider, more innocent Batman made me smile, too. Other unexpected vibes detected include Mario Kart, Space Channel 5, and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (good old Naganuma).

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...