OCR's Modern ReMix Month!

Brandon Strader

Hi!

This is an idea that was tossed into the ether a couple months ago -- now that the year is getting close to the end, let's share some remixes we do this month of NEW game soundtracks. Stuff from 2014!

Not as a contest or competition -- there won't be a winner chosen -- but to pay tribute to some of the awesome VG Music of the year. A lot of amazing soundtracks came out in 2014 and there is also a lot of amazing talent here at this community.

Please participate in this exciting event; if it goes well, we may have to do it next year, or make it some kind of yearly tradition!

Just post your remix in this thread, and it can be added to the first post here.

Yes! This is an excellent motion. And this is a good way to go about it IMO, nothing fancy, just a thing to do something collectively & collect up the goods.

I'll do my best to find some time to make something. I already participated in the Shovel Knight compo with Jorito (though finishing those up is certainly an idea), but my favourite soundtrack (and game) from 2014 is Studio Pixel's Kero Blaster, so I'll try to do something from that (I have several ideas already).

There's a ton of other goodies on the indie/retro front, but I'm also interested what sort of modern modern stuff will surface.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I forgot to post it here because this thread kind of flopped a little, but i DID end up making a Final Fantasy XV mix -- while the game didn't come out in 2014, the song did, so I drew from that...

http://www.bstrader.net/remixes/panemetcircenses.mp3

If anyone else made a modern remix for OCR's Modern Remix Month, let me know and I'll add it to the first post. Otherwise this'll probably be the end of the concept for OCR's Modern Remix Month, but I appreciate the initial enthusiasm :-D