Impressionism!

ohaiguy

As with last time, this is a track I did for class. We had to do impressionism this time. You can see the painting I took inspiration from in the link.

https://soundcloud.com/ohaiguy/project-4-cosmic-snow

Enjoy!

*Edit* This is a work in progress until Friday. But, at that point, it will be finished (since it's due.)

Edited by ohaiguy

As with last time, this is a track I did for class. We had to do impressionism this time. You can see the painting I took inspiration from in the link.

https://soundcloud.com/ohaiguy/project-4-cosmic-snow

Enjoy!

*Edit* This is a work in progress until Friday. But, at that point, it will be finished (since it's due.)

Honestly this piece is all over the place for me. I feel like the piece could be more cohesive but then I remind myself that you were doing it for class. I really enjoy the section that starts around 2:29 though. A little darker than I was expecting but it sets a nice mood. I generally like the dynamics you use and how the instruments speak, though there are times when the number of timbres clutter the musical portrait. Are you familiar with Ravel's introduction and Allegro for harp and Orchestra? It's a phenomenal work and may give you a better idea for tones, instrumentation and chordal progression.

Best of luck! :)

Honestly this piece is all over the place for me. I feel like the piece could be more cohesive but then I remind myself that you were doing it for class. I really enjoy the section that starts around 2:29 though. A little darker than I was expecting but it sets a nice mood. I generally like the dynamics you use and how the instruments speak, though there are times when the number of timbres clutter the musical portrait. Are you familiar with Ravel's introduction and Allegro for harp and Orchestra? It's a phenomenal work and may give you a better idea for tones, instrumentation and chordal progression.

Best of luck! :)

My teacher had mentioned Ravel but we had mostly listened to Debussy. I'll have to give that piece a listen (and see if I can find a version with score!) Also, do you mind saying where the clutter is? I'd assume that it's near the end since that's where the majority of the instruments are together? Or is it a different section?