Novation Remote SL 61...

Just got this delivered from Sweetwater today! Since there is no option to upload images to this forum, and I apparently can't hotlink either... here is a link to my post on another forum: http://www.team-ninja.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38846

Will be using this with FL6 and VSTi's, and will give detailed thoughts/opinions after I have used it a bit.

I actually thought that the Novation Remote series was a pretty cool controller. The problem I have with it is that it doesn't seperate the pitch and mod weels. Ohter than that though, it looks like a pretty good controller to me. Hope you enjoy it.

Looks a bit much like a toy to me. Very... flat. At least for my puposes. Well maybe because I have different preferences and already have a keyboard. The KAOS Pad type controller is a nice idea, though. But a 2 line LCD? That's so oldschool.

Anyway.. does the Novation Remote come with the V-Station or the Bass-Station? Or is it just the controller only?

Old thread title no longer appropriate; this will show up easier in searches - and there doesn't appear to be an option to delete the other thread?

Anyway, got through my raging noobery and fiddled around with Bass Station a bit the other day (was out at a wedding this weekend). The drumpads feel extremely stiff, so it will be interesting to see how they do...

Compyfox: the SL series come with Bass Station.

Old thread title no longer appropriate

so you don't know how to edit posts. oh well.

I actually thought that the Novation Remote series was a pretty cool controller. The problem I have with it is that it doesn't seperate the pitch and mod weels.

that's the main reason i bothered with the ReMOTE series, separate mod/pitch wheels aren't as useful to me as a pitch stick is.

i guess i have something in common with virt? oh gnoes.

but to each his own.

cheers.

• 4 weeks later...
Have figured out how to get the keys to transmit midi data, but the knobs/etc. don't seem to be transmitting to vsti's in FL6. So, time to do some research...

Oooh! I know how! (Assuming it works the same as my Oxygen 49-key)

First you click on the Fruity Wrapper menu (should be in the very top-left corner of your VSTi) and select "browse parameters". Then, you find the parameter you want (like a filter for example) then select "link to controller", then you move whichever knob/slider you want it to link to and voila.

Have figured out how to get the keys to transmit midi data, but the knobs/etc. don't seem to be transmitting to vsti's in FL6. So, time to do some research...

Oooh! I know how! (Assuming it works the same as my Oxygen 49-key)

First you click on the Fruity Wrapper menu (should be in the very top-left corner of your VSTi) and select "browse parameters". Then, you find the parameter you want (like a filter for example) then select "link to controller", then you move whichever knob/slider you want it to link to and voila.

Aha! Will give that a try tonight. Thanks! I was trying out Novation's Bass-Station plug-in that is supposed to be auto-mapped, but perhaps that's only when run as stand-alone vsti...

I actually thought that the Novation Remote series was a pretty cool controller. The problem I have with it is that it doesn't seperate the pitch and mod weels. Ohter than that though, it looks like a pretty good controller to me. Hope you enjoy it.

I just got the Remote LE 25, and initially I thought the joystick would suck, I've actually come to like it more than the usual 2 wheel dealie. 8)