Project M's New Theme by Phonetic Hero

Phonetic Hero

Hey guys! I'm extremely excited to announce that I had the honor of writing the new theme for Project M. They're releasing 3.5 tonight, and the dudes in charge of Project M's PR have just posted the track on their

, as well as making it the backing music for the page to build hype for the download link for the new version release. Garrett Williamson (G-Mixer) and Chris "Riddlrr" Battaglia also helped out, with a piano addition and mastering respectively.

I'd love to hear what everyone thinks! I had a lot of fun trying to emulate the Smash Bros. feel, hopefully I did alright :P

EDIT: Also up on Soundcloud now

Edited by Phonetic Hero

Thanks guys! Ol' Will's got some music in 3.5 as well, be sure to check out the game when it's available for download :D

Also

Did I do it? Is this what it feels like to make it?

Yeah, yeah, go into early retirement or something, you jerk.

I knew you were doing something for Project M, but I didn't know it was the main theme. Sweet. Good job on the Smash Bros feel.

Yeah, yeah, go into early retirement or something, you jerk.

I knew you were doing something for Project M, but I didn't know it was the main theme. Sweet. Good job on the Smash Bros feel.

Hahaha. Thanks man! Glad you think I hit my mark alright :D

Turns out Ben (Briggs) actually knows the guy who made the Space Jam remix, and he lives here in Indy with us. We hung out with him on our stream earlier, and Ben re-released the mix on his youtube channel with better art etc. Crazy how small a world it really is.

Edited by Phonetic Hero

A nice track indeed. My only gripe thusfar is that the drums are overused. In certain parts, where one would expect a softer part (to build-up for the next section, like in the middle; Melee does this at around 1:20), they seemed a bit forced and I think a solo would have fit it better. It IS a catchy track, however, and feels right at home in the Smash universe. Nice work!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I got some requests in the Smash scene for a sheet music transcription of the theme. I don't have time for a full transcription, but I got a skeleton written out that's been separated into melodies, harmonies/counter melodies, block chords, and bass. If you're interested, feel free to take a look/download! Please forgive all the technical errors that I'm sure it's rife with, I haven't had to score anything except percussion parts in 5 years or so :P Here's the whole folder with the score and all the pieces (harmonies/counters and block chords are together in the individual part PDFs)

https://app.box.com/s/iqfptmkioi23u34gi8n0

Edited by Phonetic Hero

Hey guys, I got some requests in the Smash scene for a sheet music transcription of the theme. I don't have time for a full transcription, but I got a skeleton written out that's been separated into melodies, harmonies/counter melodies, block chords, and bass. If you're interested, feel free to take a look/download! Please forgive all the technical errors that I'm sure it's rife with, I haven't had to score anything except percussion parts in 5 years or so :P Here's the whole folder with the score and all the pieces (harmonies and block chords are together in the individual part PDFs)

https://app.box.com/s/iqfptmkioi23u34gi8n0

MIDI PLZKTHXBYE :)

Thanks for sharing, it's interesting to see how it was written. :)