OCR00546 - Street Fighter II' Champion Edition "Credits Theme (One Credit Finish Mix)"

orkybash

Street Fighter II' Champion Edition 'Credits Theme (One Credit Finish Mix)'

Hah... it *is* Pachelbel's Canon! :) Which brings up the question: was that an addition by the remixer, or was it in the original? Anyway... Most of the intro seemed very dry to me, even after it turned into a fast techno mix, but this picks up towards the middle so it's all good! Overall I would really recommend this one, to Street Fighter and classical music fans alike!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Usually I'm not a fan of happy hardcore... ah, but this is great. Brings back memories. Who didn't try FOREVER to beat Street Fighter 2 with just 1 credit? Or for that matter, defeat M. Bison on level 7 with every character just to see the ending? Man - 40something tries to do that with Zangief, man... getting mad, throwing the paddle, screaming, and trying again - those were the days. But when ya actually do it! YES! Happy! Ya stare at the screen with a big grin glued to your face as ya watch the character's ending you fought SO hard to see. And this music, well - this music adds the final touch. When this played along with the final credits, you KNOW you made it. Yeah.

This remix just amplifies all those memories. The happiness of victory. Yay!!! Fun.

-Mazedude

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I can't believe that this ReMix has so few ReViews! This is BY FAR one of the best remixes ever written. Happy hardcore at its best, this song has everything in it, and the sound quality is excellent. I always listen to this, at least once per week, and it is on the CD I have in my car.

Seriously. GET THIS SONG NOW PLZ.

Everything Nineko says is spot on. I can't believe this song (from 2002 IIRC) has this few reviews.

This is one of my all-time favourite remixes on OCR, from one of my favourite games of all times. Listenting to this makes me remember the good old days, and I feel like 12 again.

And seriously, we need more Happy Hardcore in here.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great ReMix. GREAT. I discovered it only a little while back when I downloaded the total OCRemix 0001-1500 collection and it has stayed in my "OCR Best" playlist ever since.

Two months ago my brother died in a plane crash, he was a pilot and loved the Street Fighter series his whole life. He was the only one I ever saw get the "You have mastered Ken!" screen on SFII:Turbo [complete the game with all perfect rounds] and we lived and breathed SF as kids.

This song makes me remember him [sFII:CE was another fave] so its really sad for me now, but such an awesome mix and a great reminder of an incredible Ken player and great guy. Long live SF, long live Ken!

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Ahhh...

I can see why "happy hardcore" applies here, and I pick out some Cannon in D.

Mmmm...

This sounds like some bizarre anime/DDR track. I don't particularly care for it, but I do give credit for trying something different out.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, I'm really embarassed to say this, but I've been listening to both this and Canon for years and I've never realised how reminiscent the two are. Which is staggering now that everyone has pointed it out. I really hope it doesn't damage my enjoyment of this mix in future. It shouldn't.

Anyway, its not a Canon remix and thankfully the theme is only used as a bed to support the main melody.

Rayza is the king of boiling hot dance music that is almost impossible to dance to. No complaints from me, since I don't dance. I enjoy this type of mix because of the audio overload, and that sensation is delivered here while also delivering some kickass tunage as well. You can't ask for much more.

• 7 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00546 - Street Fighter II' Champion Edition "Credits Theme (One Credit Finish Mix)"
  • 1 year later...

Ha, those opening claps and thumps are such a generi-teknoz throwback. :-)When the theme actually kicked in around :43, it was certainly an interesting approach. Was never my cup of tea, especially because once the track got going, it was pretty repetitive and didn't have much development or dynamic contrast. I appreciate the interpretation approach, but wish this had more substance and variation behind it.

• 4 years later...

One hundred percent agree with 42 saying that this reminds me of some old-school DDR tracks, but I guess happy hardcore can have that effect. The build up with the bells was nice and getting to the beat was worth the wait. I feel like something was a tad off, but I can’t put my finger on it. Still, sounds ok to me.