OCR03025 - Final Fantasy VI 'Strange World'

Liontamer

I am really, really impressed with the ambient, slowly changing nature of this song. This completely held my interest, not by jumping back and forth wildly, but by slowly morphing into something of such unique direction. I truly think the build from 3:00-3:50 is one of the more impressive sections, as I was just thinking the song couldn't go in any other directions and wow!

I'll also chime in that I felt the Pink Floyd feel, but more than that, I'm SO impressed that this song accomplished such depth and malleability in what is one of the least deep (in my opinion) source tunes. WELL DONE WILLROCK! This was way outside most people's creativity to do!!

• 1 year later...

Man, where are all these great experimental mixes coming from? The shaker was great as a lead-in. The jump at 2:50 is cool, as is the lead (sweet). The return of the intro and how it builds was just awesome. The solo finished things off just as well. 

Interesting introduction, very cinematic during the first half -- not what WillRock usually does, but it's very nice. The piano and synths carry the track in a very relaxing way. The second half is way more energic, and those solos are crazy. The final part with the electric guitar is really epic, love it. A very cool remix, blending different genres for the best! :)