<Hemophiliac> -crescendo/fades

<Hemophiliac> -beefed bass in part of guitar section

<Hemophiliac> -new parts to fill "empty" spaces

<Hemophiliac> -new ending

<Hemophiliac> that about covers it

<Hemophiliac> i think

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3877

^original decision

all submission info is the same as in the original decision.

thanks

LT Edit: Listening to the "new" link and the old, I think the old version may accidentally be the one linked to here. I'm trying to figure out through Kyle if his link accidentally points to the wrong one. Hold off on it please.

TO Edit: Hemo just sent me a message, Kyle accidently uploaded the old one. It's fine now.

This got a lot better when the guitar came in! Before that I could have nitpicked about the slightly muddy strings (at around 0.45) and bland sounding harpsicord part that went on for just a little too long. I really like the sub-bass, don't hear that kind of thing often with submissions.

The guitar and piano part is excellent and give a good sense of atmosphere. It feels like the actual main part of the mix starts 'late' (2.20), although stylistically it is very interesting.

YES

Strings still need a better attack; sounds like you're using slow strings on a moving line. Big no-no there, as everything ends up sounding a 32nd to a 16th note behind.

Rest of the mix is fine; the part in the middle before the rocking guitar part still sounds like its meandering though, but it's not as bad as before.

i liek it

YES

Sounds a lot nicer than the last one. Everything is balanced a lot better. The harpsichord + flute mix still doesn't work for me. It sounds like a MIDI leading into a proper piece, just doesn't click together for me. Otherwise the rest of the mix is beautiful. Not so empty in the heavier section now.

Nice work. YES

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=top - "Mint" (top-111.spc)

For some lesser crits, :17-:22 sounded a bit barren now. There was also droning buzziness in the low-end, which was definitely bothersome, starting around :28 and lasting until around :50 before coming back a few other times. Still, some decent tweaking of the sound balance there.

Nice job adding some strings to back the guitar, with some good ideas there to fill things out; you really hear some beautiful harmonization from 2:40-2:50, for example.

The way the woodwind stopped at 3:41 felt a little abrupt. I would have done some effects to have it taper off a bit more gradually, but ah well. Chris did a solid job revising this and adding a bit more complexity while basically keeping everything else intact.

While understanding the criticisms from last time, I was firmly on YES before. Everything positive I said last time around applies here. And with a stronger package now, there's no reason for me to change my mind. Nice work by Chris in touching this up. Now you just gotta get a solo piece up; good luck, bro!

YES