OCR03027 - Sonic CD (JP) 'Chips out of Water'

Liontamer

Yaaaay Bev!! This ReMix is one of TD's highlights for me. I frankly love it when you foray into the jazzy side of things (see: Go Into the Light), kand this is no exception. Great piano work, as usual, just like with your little cameos tucked in and there. I suppose the production has a couple ragged edges, but nothing major, IMO - definitely up to par in my book, especially with the balance of frequencies and the EQ. As for the drum compression, I took it as a stylistic thing, and rather like it in the context.

My favorite part of this song is how your use of the chord progressions keeps the whole thing building and building :-)

What's this about sequenced piano? Rexy, sequencing piano? Wut. I mean, doesn't she play piano? xD Agreed though, the tone was a little too hard IMO. Some things sounded a little distant in the sound field (the drums were pretty upfront, lead and C64-ish arp were pretty far back, etc.), giving kind of a gap depth-wise for me, but mostly things clicked IMO. Yeah, this is great! Awesome writing on the piano and other melodic components, and on the harmonies in general. :D

This is really unique indeed. A wee bit weird at some points, but it does have a wonderful sound to it and the chillness of the arrangement was cool to hear. The piano and chip elements worked nicely together and the whole ReMix had a smooth feeling to it that washed back and forth. Not bad.

• 1 year later...