I am in need of a new soundcard and mic.

Hi guys. I'll make this as quick as possible.

So, I'm getting a new PC. I've been sequencing for two years now, and I realized a while back that this PC in fact never had a soundcard. Interesting. I also recorded with it and the sound quality was not that bad either. Anyways, I think I'll be needing one.

Recommendations? I'll be recording a violin, clarinet, and possibly a piano, but my budget is around $100 to $200 at the most. If you have microphones around that range please give me suggestions around the $100 end and the $200 edge. I'm currently looking at an SM57

About the sound card, I'd like to keep that at the most around $100. Please give me a soundcard that has great recording capability (sounds good post-recording). If you need any more specifics, just ask.

Thanks,

-MagiNinjA

EDIT: I'd like to get suggestions that capture the cleanest, most accurate and fullest sound of live instruments...notably those. It would also be nice if it was possible to record multiple instruments (trio, quartet, etc.) at the same time.

What you ask for, is not done with like 200USD, especially not for the microphone section. Also you ask for "the most cleanest sound", which also needs at least a neutral recording environment.

If I can still remember, we have(!) a mic/audiocard thread circling around somewhere. Or go for the new Samson USB (large membran) microphone, which should work for most applications.

As soon as Samson releases dual mic drivers for the CO1U USB condensor you'll have your solution (combine with a $20 Sound Blaster or integrated sound card). I don't see that happening any time soon. Right now you can only use one USB mic at a time.

Double recommendation.