Electroplankton as a Remixing Tool

My brother was asking me about Electroplankton the other day. I had a hell of a time trying to describe it to him, so I refered him to some online video review of the game. But while we were talking about it I got to wondering.

Before the DS was released I remember seeing a conference that involved a famous (apparently) DJ who had been given Electroplankton to play around with and mix something to present for Nintendo at the conference. I thought it sounded pretty good considering what he had been given.

So then I thought, of all the places on the net devoted to mixing music, wouldn't OCR be the place you'd be most likely to find people doing mixes and attempting to incorporate bits and pieces from Electroplankton? I mean, OCR is video game remix heaven... and Electroplankton is a music game... cha-ching!

So, I'm curious. Has anyone here made mixes using Electroplankton in any way, shape, or form? I know it would be near impossible to make a full mix using it, but I'm sure you could incorporate some of those little games into a full-blown remix.

I wonder how many people here actually HAVE Electroplankton.. I do, but I can't imagine a whole lot of people have it.

I've got to say though, it is an interesting idea.

There's plenty of decent samples within the game that could probably be used. Sampling them would be kind of a pain though.

I might look into that.

Heh, I suppose you could call just about anything an Electroplankton remix. Barring audience mode (which is kind of a stretch), it doesn't have any actual compositions or bgm, since all of the music is caused by player actions.

I've got to say though, it is an interesting idea.

There's plenty of decent samples within the game that could probably be used. Sampling them would be kind of a pain though.

I might look into that.

I was thinking you could just hook up the DS's headphone jack to a line in or mic jack on the soundcard and record directly. It may not be the highest quality but I think that a decent amount of post-recording work could refine the sounds into something sounding like OCR-quality.

I've been trying to get myself into trying a remix but I just never get around to it. It's one of those, "I want to do it, but I don't have any ideas," kind of things for me. Still, I think it would be interesting to see what people could come up with using Electroplankton as one source (out of many).