OCR03033 - Spyro: Year of the Dragon 'Acoustic Fields'

Liontamer

I remember complimenting this on Facebook when I saw it get approved by the panel. Might as well copy-pasta for significance - I'm very pleased with this outcome, Ben!

Midday Gardens totally fits his groove-based approach from what I had seen in recent months as well. If Bingo Highway (re: SZRC 2014) and Special Stage (US) were balls-hard to work with in the first place, think about what would've happened when later Stewart Copeland work came into consideration.

Having transcribed some of the PS1-era Spyro MIDIs, I can understand the difficulty of being able to work with something more riff-driven, and Midday Gardens is what I feel is even more restricting than the rest of the soundtrack. But regardless of the outcome, I'm really glad we've got some Spyro love on OCR - big love there!

(...and I'm sorry Larry for not stepping up my game on this yet =()

• 2 weeks later...

So another thing I love about OCR is how I learn things about the video game industry (usually in the music side of it), like about Stewart Copeland. Never knew the drummer for the Police had anything to video game music, let alone Spyro. That's actually freaking awesome, so nice nugget of info, DJP. As for the ReMix itself, it has a damn good beat that I'm truly feeling, and I would have loved to have heard this playing while I playing the Spyro games way back when. It doesn't seem to be a track that goes for the knockout blow, but it is jabbing away with the bass and the dance elements that threaten to bust out on their own. Not bad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Spyro? Yes! That title was misleading, there was no acoustic instrument here! LOL

There's a big Daft Punk (early) / French electro vibe in this track, and I love that. The choice of synths/organs was on spot here, love the sound of all those instruments. The production is super clean, and the track is ultra groovy. Aw yeah, nice job! :)