*NO* Street Fighter 3: 2nd Impact 'Club Sluggers'

Chimpazilla

ReMixer Name: Magicmusic06

Name of game(s) arranged: Street Fighter III 2nd Impact

Name of arrangement: Club Sluggers

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Leave Alone (Dudley's Theme Music)

Original Composer: Hideki Okugawa

My channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Magicmusic06

This is one of my favorite ost so I was inspired to remix it with a more chill House feel.

-----------------------------

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

• 3 weeks later...

I like the vibe you've created here, it's a solid improvement on the original source. Good drumwork and production overall.

However, this feels like more of a 1-and-a-half minute sketch that has been looped twice and fades out. I don't feel like any new ideas or anything are introduced past the 1:30 mark. This makes your remix feel more like background music to a game (which, to be fair, it would work perfectly for) than an actual arrangement. For OCR standards, you need to introduce more ideas and vary the structure of your arrangement to keep it fresh the whole way through. The fadeout at the end also doesn't do much to help this feel like a standalone arrangement.

In addition to that, the sequencing on many of the melodic elements in the track seems rigid and heavily quantized. This applies mainly to your leads, but when the bassline or the e-piano chords are more exposed, the velocities feel like they need more variation so they don't feel as static.

Lots of work needed on this, but you have a solid beat and a good foundation needed on this, I wouldn't be surprised to hear this at a more passable level with some more work put into the arrangement and the sequencing of some of the other instruments.

NO (resubmit)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to agree with what Wes said 100%, he nailed it. This sounds great, a bit stiff but well produced. You nailed the vibe. But yeah, it is two nearly identical playthroughs of the same material. If you could give the second half something completely unique, a totally different lead, some chord variation, instrument variations, anything... it would make a full arrangement. A proper ending is always a plus as well. I'd love to hear this expanded!

NO (resubmit)

It is a good start but needs a lot more expansion. The arrangement ideas presented are pretty good and you have a good foundation for a lot of expansion. HAving your B section change it up a bit beatwise and going for a more halftime feel would be good, as would trying to sneak in an additional theme or something.

Some of the sequencing could be loosened up a bit as well, to good effect, it's a bit stiff at the moment.

Has promise but needs some expansion! No, please resubmit