Sonic Spinball

Eon_Blue

Your bass is pretty faithful to the original style, and your percussion's pretty nice as well. What I'd suggest is to double up with the lead somewhere down the line with a patch that has a bit more chorus, slightly panned to the left. Something to give the song more feel after it's been repeating, ya know? The lead alone just seems like it's missing something.

That lead also bothers me a bit as well... Maybe something less piercing? I really like the rest though, cool stuff. This was always my favorite tune in Spinball, so it's nice to see it's finally getting some well deserved attention.

• 3 weeks later...
i like the mastering work on the bass n stuff you've done but i have to say i really really prefer my detuned version of the instrument which comes in at :43 in my edit.

but yea, good stuff

Yeah, I detuned that organ again, and now it adds an awesome effect to the wah parts at :55 and 1:47 - very cool.

Also, no one's got any qualms with the water part at the end? It's not the greatest sample, but I don't think I was overdoing it too much. I thought it fit pretty well.

I also added some of that reverb back - I like the echo sound it seems to add, and I think it suits the cave theme well - that was part of the point of adding the delays to several instruments.

http://hosting.thasauce.net/eon/music/spinball.mp3

that synth in the intro just hitting notes needs to be more in the background and prob panned. It's gets old real fast.

overall nice arrangement, u gots lots of variation which is a good thing.

Dude that water thing reminds of ur sig way too much WTF! I think it's OK. Not real bad, not too good either. If your heart is set on keeping, then prob lower the volume. You could take it and run it through a granulizer. Rip just the water synth playing playing it's ending piece as a wav file, and then feed that wav file through a grandulizer. I've done this to part of my schala mix and found it yield pretty good results.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the detuning of the organ is a little much, perhaps you could have it fade into being detuned in a certain part of the song? With it being there all the time it's kinda distracting, I guess you could say.

I like the water bit at the end, it works well with the song and with the level it's remixing. Whether cliche or not, to my ears it works.

• 1 month later...

Very cool... lots of improvements since I last heard it. I would spruce up the percussion more by adding fills and variations from measure to measure. Snares, toms, rides, maybe some more breaks layered on top of what you have now, that kind of stuff.

A little less repetition would be good. Try doing some solos over the progression, switch around the bassline, maybe do a key change, go to 3/4, I dunno - you rely on the main riff an awful lot. That will be a problem if/when this hits the panel.

Eh, all I hear is the same thing over and over again. The beat is great, the sound effects are awesome, but it just does the same thing the whole song. It doesn't have much ReMix value in my opinion, and is WAAAAYYY too repetitive. It also sounds a little empty at certain parts, such as when it hits the chorus section. Try adding some long string-type sound effects, and cut the lenth down a bit.

It's a great ReMix, but you gotta work on it a bit.

Keep at it ^_^

• 5 weeks later...

http://hosting.thasauce.net/eon/music/Eon_Noise_Pollution.mp3

Updated again, I'm having a hard time deciding if I like the 8bit part, though I like the way the song 'falls apart' heading into it - I'd like to bring that out a little more. Then have the song 'rebuild' itself from the 8bit stage, back into main theme, then have it finally blast out at the end. I think I need some better 8bit refills to really go nuts in middle section.

I'm really trying to make this have a real groove to it, something you can't help but tap your feet to...

As a lot of the remixers here have already said, it needs a soloish part in the middle... some custom self-written part...

I don't like the 8 bit version... I don't usually ever like anything with 8 bit sound in it...

but that's just me.

I would use the last version (the one posted before the 8 bit one) and add a soloish to the middle...