What was the first video game song you learned to play?

duskvstweak

So, I'm getting my first guitar this Christmas, along with lessons for the rest of my life. I owe a lot of my desire to learn an instrument to OCR, since it created a musical awakening in me many years ago.

The first song I'm going to try to learn to play in it's fullest, outside of practicing, is Terra's theme from Final Fantasy VI.

My question to you, if you play an instrument, what was the first video game song you learned to play? If you don't play, what song would you learn if you started today?

So, I'm getting my first guitar this Christmas, along with lessons for the rest of my life. I owe a lot of my desire to learn an instrument to OCR, since it created a musical awakening in me many years ago.

The first song I'm going to try to learn to play in it's fullest, outside of practicing, is Terra's theme from Final Fantasy VI.

My question to you, if you play an instrument, what was the first video game song you learned to play? If you don't play, what song would you learn if you started today?

First song I ever learned on guitar (not just video game song, but any song) was the chords for Gerudo Valley from Ocarina of Time (though I transposed it to A Minor).

Then the chords for Twoson from Earthbound.

First song I learned to play fingerstyle was Radical Dreamers from Chrono Cross.

from Final Fantasy 4 on the piano. Not the fast arpeggio though. I found a tracker module of the piece and was inspired to pick out the notes from there (this was maybe around 1998 ).

I believe that module was my first encounter with VGM arrangements, along with a detailed FastTracker II treatment of the airship theme from FF6. I didn't yet get an inspiration to do my own VGM arrangements back then though.

I can't really play any VGM musics, even my own arrangements I record a few bars of the time so I couldn't play through them. :tomatoface:

from Xenogears was the first song I learned to play all the way through on the piano.

Before that, it was just picking out game melodies on a tiny Casio keyboard while looping MIDIs on the computer for reference. There was this cool program that would show the notes being played on a graphical keyboard during playback. I forget what it was called, but it was basically my first piano teacher :<

Probably Green Hill Zone or the melody part of the Mario theme.

The first one I can really remember sitting down and giving time and commitment to play, though, was the Super Mario 64 Bob-Omb Battlefield Theme.

And then the Fairy Spring song from Zelda, both the left and right hand. That's my greatest feat.

and I still struggle to play it.

Lets Dance Boys from Bayonetta 1.

Believe me when i tell you it may be the finest performance of a solo Saxophone EVER.

When the top Youtube Comment was:

Warning Saxual Content ahead? There was a reason for that.

Another one i'd love to learn would be The End Run on the Piano. (ME2.) I have to believe that would be another soul moving experience.

Moving onto the Trumpet...Super Mario Brothers.

And if it were the Violin...There's one piece that stands above all. Melodies of Life.

Final Fantasy 9