that 'reverse reverb' effect?

dang ok let me try to find one real quick sorry :)

edit: ok here we go... something like this

http://www.maphematics.org/noop/example.mp3

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004XSML/sr=8-2/qid=1151386986/ref=pd_bbs_2/102-9092628-5944123?ie=UTF8

or that, listen to "beachcoma" the effect used on the horns (sounds like a 'reverse' reverb or delay)

Do this.

Take the clip you want effected. Cut it and make it a new file. Make sure you leave some nice blank space at the beginning of it. Once you have this new clip, reverse it (so the blank space is at the end) then apply a shitton of your reverb of choice on it. It should have a nice long tail. Mess around with some effects on it or whatever, then reverse it again (back to normal) and then place it back in your song.

:)

Do this.

Take the clip you want effected. Cut it and make it a new file. Make sure you leave some nice blank space at the beginning of it. Once you have this new clip, reverse it (so the blank space is at the end) then apply a shitton of your reverb of choice on it. It should have a nice long tail. Mess around with some effects on it or whatever, then reverse it again (back to normal) and then place it back in your song.

Wow, thats a great idea, ive never thought of that... You are my hero myf!

Also, for mentioning Hybrid, Anonymous, you are F'ing awesome...

yeah... i guess im easily impressed this morning...

Do this.

Wow, thats a great idea, ive never thought of that... You are my hero myf!

Also, for mentioning Hybrid, Anonymous, you are F'ing awesome...

yeah... i guess im easily impressed this morning...

haha thanks. i love Hybrid. also, the other example is from a track by Daedelus... he rules pretty hard.

i've heard the effect in other tracks but i can't think of them at the moment hehe

Do this.

nice one myf ;)

just simple gated reverb son.

used in like, hardstyle/hard trance on the kickdrums and claps all the time, except it's reversed.

yeah, i get that but im saying HOW is it reversed? :)

Well, you open the file in a hex editor, chop off the .wav file header, scroll to the end, and then write down the last of the series of nibbles. Then you open another hex editor and paste the .wav file header in there, and you write down the series -first-.

Keep this up for a few years and you'll have reversed your waveform.

No, of course not :lol:. You install a wave editor like Audacity : http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ and then choose the menu option "reverse".

Well, you open the file in a hex editor, chop off the .wav file header, scroll to the end, and then write down the last of the series of nibbles. Then you open another hex editor and paste the .wav file header in there, and you write down the series -first-.

Keep this up for a few years and you'll have reversed your waveform.

Man, trance must have been so hard back in the day. ;)

wait. i think some people might have misunderstood (or maybe my fault for not explaining too well)

the reverb comes BEFORE the sample played. and it sounds reversed (or maybe it just 'fades' in). there is nothing after the sample.

know what i mean? i think Phntm of the Opra's example was just the thing i'm thinking of.

plus like, i know this can be done with some simple chopping and cutting up but there HAS to be an easier way, some effect or something because there's no way it would be used as much as it is if it were THAT tedious to do...

that's what i'm asking if anyone knows :)

Try using a delay instead of a reverb for a slightly different result; it's interesting with vocals.

It sure is. The best example I can think of off the top of my head is Sepultura's "Slaves of Pain". Reverse-delayed vocals are awesome.

-steve

Reverse delay is done differantly though. If you'd apply the same technic of reverse reverb with a delay you'd get an ascending delay. (wich is cool none the less).

Anyone know how to do a reverse delay without haveing a reverse delay software?

Try using a delay instead of a reverb for a slightly different result; it's interesting with vocals.

It sure is. The best example I can think of off the top of my head is Sepultura's "Slaves of Pain". Reverse-delayed vocals are awesome.

-steve

Reverse delay is done differantly though. If you'd apply the same technic of reverse reverb with a delay you'd get an ascending delay. (wich is cool none the less).

Reverse Delay Software??? ?????????

-steve

Reverse Delay Software??? ?????????

Don't sound so shocked:

http://www.digifreq.com/digifreq/download.asp?ID=55

Sounds beautiful on piano: http://www.gvst.co.uk/GRevDly01.mp3