Impact Soundworks HOLIDAY SALE: Up to 50% off our entire catalog!

zircon

ISW_Holiday_Sale_VI.jpg

Season's greetings! :< Impact Soundworks is celebrating the end of our best year yet with our biggest sale ever. We're offering amazing discounts up to 50% on our entire catalog - every library, instruments, and bundle!

This deal ends DECEMBER 25 and we won't be having another sale like it for a long time, so head to our site now and treat yourself or that special composer in your life!

See All Deals & Shop Now

EXAMPLE SAVINGS

* Shreddage 2 for 30% off ($99)

* Rhapsody: Orchestral Percussion for 20% off ($159)

* Vocalisa: Slavic Women's Choir for 20% off ($99)

* Forest Frame Drums for 40% off ($29)

* Complete World Bundle for 40% off ($179)

* And MUCH MORE...

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting. Thanks for the link. I think I'd personally be disappointed to have less variety.

The bundle says it has shreddage 2, shreddage classic, and shreddage bass. Shreddage 1 seems to be referred to as "Shreddage Complete" on the product page, and I was going to ask what the difference was, but then I saw the video you just linked said there was no reason to use shreddage 1 as long as you have the shreddage classic expansion. Anything I should know on that end?

Very interesting. Thanks for the link. I think I'd personally be disappointed to have less variety.

The bundle says it has shreddage 2, shreddage classic, and shreddage bass. Shreddage 1 seems to be referred to as "Shreddage Complete" on the product page, and I was going to ask what the difference was, but then I saw the video you just linked said there was no reason to use shreddage 1 as long as you have the shreddage classic expansion. Anything I should know on that end?

Quick history of Shreddage:

[shreddage -> Shreddage X] -> [Shreddage 2 -> various Shreddage 2.# -> Shreddage 2X]

The samples from the second version of Shreddage (called Shreddage X) were worked into the Shreddage 2X engine, and the package named Shreddage Classic. The "Shreddage Classic Expansion" seems to be the name of this on the website, to differentiate from Shreddage 2 and to emphasize that it's available as an added diversity component (different guitar model, as in the video).

"Shreddage Complete" includes Shreddage (the very first version, ever, with the first scripting engine made for Shreddage in the first place) and Shreddage X (the expansion of the original, that came right after), and the package with both is available under the heading of "Shreddage 1" in the dropdown menu on the website. This is with the old, first scripting engine.

"Shreddage 2" includes, like you said, Shreddage 2(X), Shreddage Classic (Shreddage X implemented into the Shreddage 2X engine), and Shreddage Bass (which has remained as it has always been since its initial release), and is available under the heading of "Shreddage 2" in the dropdown menu on the website. Shreddage 2X, as I've seen it in newsletters, is the naming zircon decided on after several patch updates to Shreddage 2 and the finalization of the skin/wallpaper of the second, new, better scripting engine. This is the newest one, and the package essentially includes all that Shreddage Complete had, but is more uniform with the new engine from Shreddage 2X. You'd get two different guitars and one bass, and one guitar is built for Rhythm and not so much for Lead (Classic), and one is built for Lead but can also do Rhythm very well (2X).

Edited by timaeus222

What you described as "Shreddage 2" actually sounds like what is in the bundle, unless I misunderstood something.

Right, the bundle on the "Shreddage 2" page is the latest, most up-to-date version of Shreddage with Shreddage 2X (Lead/Rhythm), Classic (mostly Rhythm), and Bass. "Shreddage Complete" is an older version that you already get with the bundle (involving Shreddage 2), as "Shreddage Classic".

(If you had bought Shreddage 2X already, but not Shreddage Classic yet, the "Shreddage Classic Expansion" could be bought)

Edited by timaeus222

Quick history of Shreddage:

[shreddage -> Shreddage X] -> [Shreddage 2 -> various Shreddage 2.# -> Shreddage 2X]

The samples from the second version of Shreddage (called Shreddage X) were worked into the Shreddage 2X engine, and the package named Shreddage Classic. The "Shreddage Classic Expansion" seems to be the name of this on the website, to differentiate from Shreddage 2 and to emphasize that it's available as an added diversity component (different guitar model, as in the video).

"Shreddage Complete" includes Shreddage (the very first version, ever, with the first scripting engine made for Shreddage in the first place) and Shreddage X (the expansion of the original, that came right after), and the package with both is available under the heading of "Shreddage 1" in the dropdown menu on the website. This is with the old, first scripting engine.

"Shreddage 2" includes, like you said, Shreddage 2(X), Shreddage Classic (Shreddage X implemented into the Shreddage 2X engine), and Shreddage Bass (which has remained as it has always been since its initial release), and is available under the heading of "Shreddage 2" in the dropdown menu on the website. Shreddage 2X, as I've seen it in newsletters, is the naming zircon decided on after several patch updates to Shreddage 2 and the finalization of the skin/wallpaper of the second, new, better scripting engine. This is the newest one, and the package essentially includes all that Shreddage Complete had, but is more uniform with the new engine from Shreddage 2X. You'd get two different guitars and one bass, and one guitar is built for Rhythm and not so much for Lead (Classic), and one is built for Lead but can also do Rhythm very well (2X).

This is inaccurate. You've got your versions mixed up and you're being internally consistent (you say Shreddage 2X is a product, then you say Shreddage 2 a bundle?!)

Shreddage 1 is a rhythm guitar library. Shreddage X is an expansion to Shreddage 1, and included different samples and some different techniques. Shreddage Complete is the bundle of these two products.

Shreddage 2 is a separate product with a different sample set from previous products. It is an electric guitar sample library. It is ONE library. Not a bundle. It samples lead guitar in addition to rhythm guitar. Shreddage 2X is simply a free update, with GUI improvements and new samples to Shreddage 2. Shreddage Classic is the previous generation "Shreddage Complete", but ported to the new engine.

Shreddage: Picked Bass is another completely separate product.

This should clarify the confusion.

The total series you want is Shreddage 2 (current library) + Bass (the bass library) + Classic (the old library). This bundle is not called Shreddage 2. It's called Shreddage 2 + Bass + Classic.

Edited by Neblix

This is inaccurate. You've got your versions mixed up and you're being internally consistent (you say Shreddage 2X is a product, then you say Shreddage 2 a bundle?!)

Shreddage 1 is a rhythm guitar library. Shreddage X is an expansion to Shreddage 1, and included different samples and some different techniques. Shreddage Complete is the bundle of these two products.

Shreddage 2 is a separate product with a different sample set from previous products. It is an electric guitar sample library. It is ONE library. Not a bundle. It samples lead guitar in addition to rhythm guitar. Shreddage 2X is simply a free update, with GUI improvements and new samples to Shreddage 2. Shreddage Classic is the previous generation "Shreddage Complete", but ported to the new engine.

Shreddage: Picked Bass is another completely separate product.

This should clarify the confusion.

That's exactly what I already said, except Shreddage 2, as listed under the dropdown menu in the website, is presented as a list of bundles. ._. Calm down.

That's exactly what I already said, except Shreddage 2, as listed under the dropdown menu in the website, is presented as a list of bundles.

That's simply a store page saying "Bundles and Product Formats". Shreddage 2 is not a bundle, it's the pure single product (it's the format of "by itself"). :? If you say it's a bundle, people are going to buy it expecting three products and then get angry that you lied to them.

Edited by Neblix

That's simply a store page saying "Bundles and Product Formats". Shreddage 2 is not a bundle, it's the pure single product (it's the format of "by itself"). :?

Seriously, I never said the product itself was a bundle, I said it, under the dropdown menu on the website, leads to a page with a list of bundles. Clear difference between saying that and saying it is a bundle in itself.

Seriously, I never said the product itself was a bundle, I said it, under the dropdown menu on the website, leads to a page with a list of bundles. Clear difference between saying that and saying it is a bundle in itself.

Uhm...

Right, the "Shreddage 2" bundle is the latest, most up-to-date version of Shreddage with Shreddage 2X (Lead/Rhythm), Classic (mostly Rhythm), and Bass.

That aside, bundles are listed in stores as a way for consumers to save money. Those aren't "bundles under the Shreddage 2 header". Shreddage 2 is not an umbrella family like you say. It's one product. These bundles are listed because they contain Shreddage 2. It's much like Amazon's "people who bought this also looked at" or Newegg's "you get a discount if you also buy these".

Uhm...

That's not what I even meant. Read it again.

That aside, bundles are listed in stores as a way for consumers to save money. Those aren't "bundles under the Shreddage 2 header". Shreddage 2 is not an umbrella family like you say. It's one product. These bundles are listed because they contain Shreddage 2. It's much like Amazon's "people who bought this also looked at" or Newegg's "you get a discount if you also buy these".
You need to stop correcting people in such a blunt way. It's like an obsession. A bad habit. Why do I still need to tell you this? (because I care)

Again, Shreddage 2 is the heading on the ISW website that when clicked, leads to the page with a list of bundles pertaining to Shreddage 2 as the main product with other products that sensibly can be associated with it. It's simply a list of options for people to buy in certain combinations that best fits their needs, financially or otherwise. There's no need to make it more complicated or pretend I said something like "umbrella family". Saying a page contains a list of products doesn't mean I said that it's a family of products (even though they're all quite related).

Edited by timaeus222

That's not what I even meant. Read it again.

You need to stop correcting people in such a blunt way. It's like an obsession. A bad habit. Why do I still need to tell you this? (because I care)

Again, Shreddage 2 is the heading on the ISW website that when clicked, leads to the page with a list of bundles pertaining to Shreddage 2 as the main product with other products that sensibly can be associated with it. It's simply a list of options for people to buy in certain combinations that best fits their needs, financially or otherwise. There's no need to make it more complicated or pretend I said something like "umbrella family". Saying a page contains a list of products doesn't mean I said that it's a family of products (even though they're all quite related).

It's not an obsession, rather a coincidence that we post in the same threads where you and I have differing answers.

It may not be what you meant, but it is what you said. It can not be any clearer than what I quoted, and if you sincerely believe that calling Shreddage 2 a bundle and saying " The Shreddage 2 bundle" are not logically equivalent statements, there's not much else I can say. Perhaps evaluate that you may have misspoke and simply could have left it at my first clarification rather than needlessly defending yourself (no one's attacking you?) and causing more forum drama, as this is the second time you've caused more than a page of a pointless argument.

Edited by Neblix