PRC286 - Anniversary Round - PRC Turns Eleven (Free Round)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 286

PRCv11-26

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Welcome to the last round of this season. This is the traditional Free Round, every source is acceptable, even sources which have over 100 remixes already and sources which are remixed at PRC already. This time, it is also allowed to remix a different source (like an Anime Theme, an original trance song or anything you like). It is even allowed to make an original track for this round, as long as most of the work is done during this round. It is not allowed to post a song which you did in the past. However, it is allowed to continue working on a WIP. The only restriction is that most of the time (> 50%) spend on the song is during the upcoming two weeks.

Even MIDI rips are allowed, but probably you won't get a first place with that.

PRC286.jpg

Source: Free Round - (Anything you like)

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit

To submit a song at the compo page a ThaSauce account is required.

If anyone has problems with registering or uploading the song to ThaSauce, please upload the song somewhere else and post a download link in the thread. I recommend Soundcloud, don't forget to allow downloads to enable me to upload the song at ThaSauce.

To register and submit, do the following.

1. Click the ThaSauce link.
  2. Click the 'You are not logged in' button in the upper right.
  3. Click on 'register' (at the bottom).
  4. Read the terms and click 'I agree to these terms'. If you don't agree with them, upload the song somewhere else and post a download link as mentioned above (by doing that, you allow me to upload the song at ThaSauce.
  5. Continue the process by filling in your information.
  6. A confirmation mail will be send. There might be some issues with it (meaning that you don't get it), if that is the case, upload the song somewhere else as described above.
  7. Login with your username and password, go to the mentioned page and submit the song. If you want submit two or more songs you can create multiple ThaSauce accounts or upload the song somewhere else and post the download link.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 20 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are allowed this time. If anyone has problems with uploading songs to ThaSauce let me know (in this thread) and post a download link to your song in this thread (so I can upload it to ThaSauce).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by Wednesday December 24th 2014 at 8:59 am ThaSauce time (16:00 UTC, 17:00 GMT): check the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. This is a different (and much longer) time as usual.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can also upload it somewhere else and put a download link in this thread
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. The winner of this round may select the source for PRC288.
  7. You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

For those interested, I did sort of a mix (using Automixing of Deckadance) of several (mainly dance) PRC tracks of the past 10 years (mainly tracks in season 1-5). More information, and the mix of course, can be found at this Soundcloud link!

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC ThaSauce Home Page!

Edited by Bundeslang

mission Acknowledged :<

4 songs containing an old & new remix,anime song and an original to form a master hybrid..... I call it!..."The OleNewimeginal!!!" 8-)

- Length of song will be 5 days long

- 1 TB file.....IN MP3!!!

- 2 weeks!? more like 4 days Am I Right!?

- What is sleep? :sleepdepriv:

If it's below 20MB it's fine.

Are previous PRC WIPs allowed? I have a friend who wants me to finish my Illusion City (MSX) WIP, this would be a good oportunity.

I'm gonna finish it regardless, but if I can contribute it to PRC's library then even better.

Yes it's allowed (as long as you don't post the original WIP of course).

I might enter myself if I find the time to win the 'PRC anniversary wooden spoon', but in my previous two attempts I failed with that (even when 13 songs were submitted, someone gave me points).

Statistics: PRC261 - 285

Number of participants: 27

Number of entries, excluding bonus Mixes: 71

Number of bonus Mixes: 8

Number of unique winners: 17

Number of unique wooden spoon winners: 15

Remixer of the Year: considering number of entries and wins combined.

1: Gercr

2: Evktalo

3: Jorito

Undefeated:

1: Jorito and Cash (2 participations)

2: Anorax and Grauw (1 participation)

Honorary mentions

1: Sir Nuts, for being active for the longest time of everyone.

2: Bundeslang, for participating in a round and not winning the last place wooden spoon ( PRC278 ).

Wooden Spoon King:

1: Evkalo (7)

2: Gercr (5)

3: Hoboka (3)

Note: some wooden spoons were first place wooden spoons (meaning that the entry won the round as well as ending last).

Round of the Year:

Hopefully it's gonna be this round, but for now it is:

PRC281 - Earthworm Jim 1 - Use Your Head

And last, but not least, the PRC Top 10 of all rounds (you can ask me to explain how I calculated this. Scores for each round depends on the number of participants, including Bonus Mixes.

1: Rexy, 1200 points

2: Sir Nuts, 1190 points

3: OneUp, 1030 points

4: Bladiator, 880 points

5: The Orchicalcon, 850 points

6: Ichitootah, 620 points

7: V__, 610 points

8: Opk, 570 points

9: Showroom Dummy, 510 points

10: Chickenwarlord, 460 points

10: LAOS, 460 points

Edited by Bundeslang

I'm not sure if I can make it, the last weeks were too stressful and I have to work tomorrow. Too bad, I really liked my concept (Ground Man crossed with the Deku Temple of Majora's Mask with a dash of Needle Man) and I will keep it nontheless. Perhaps I can make it, at least I'll try

Since there are five songs already (and Christmas is coming), the round probably won't get an extension. Feel free to share it as a bonus mix if you don't get it in on time.:nicework:

My song is up, I used the most complex source ever.:mrgreen:

EDIT: PRC287 will start directly after this round. I already created the ThaSauce Thread for it (so you can see what games will be mixed, but not the sources).

Voting of this round ends monday, to give people who are very busy during christmas time to vote after christmas as well. The winner of the source selects a source for PRC288. Remember, this round ends at 8:59 am ThaSauce time, not 10:59 am ThaSauce time.

Edited by Bundeslang

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. This round has 7 songs. To vote, do the following:

1. Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries.
  2. Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.
  3. Fill in the entries from first to third.
  4. State a reasoning for it.
  5. Participants are encouraged to vote and leave feedback. However, they may not vote for themselve. They get a free first place if they vote, so it is attractive to vote. Non participants are encouraged to vote and leave comments as well.
  6. Always look in this thread to find out who's the winner of the round after the voting stage instead of only looking at ThaSauce for the results.

You have until THIS Monday, December 29th 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote. Check the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner may choose the source tune for PRC288. PRC287 will start now.

Check the ThaSauce Page to vote.

If anyone have issues voting via ThaSauce you can vote by sending me a PM at Ocremix.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Edited by Bundeslang

It's results time.

Total number of mixes - 7

Total number of votes - 6

Maximum Score - 18.

GrapplingHook and Trism all get a last place wooden spoon and Bundeslang gets a wooden hammer, with 3 points.

Touchstone got five points and a fourth place wooden spoon with 3 points.

Tsusurra eats himself to six points and a third place.

Supercoolmike is voted unanimously for second place with 13 points.

And the winner of PRC286 by unanimous decision is Esperado with 18 points.

Congratulations Esperado, you are the winner of this anniversary round. You may select a source for PRC288. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix).

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

Send your source as fast as you can, but before this Sunday, 4 January 2015. There's no hurry again this time, because PRC287 already has started: PRC287

You can find the votes with comments here:

http://compo.thasauce.net/votes/index/PRC286

That was a fun round, congrats to Esperado!

ohh and Bundeslang, U totally called it. I made the song as if it was meant for Megaman X Sigma stages, but instead of submitting it in the MMX soundfonts. I just gave it the modernized treatment. :D

Thanks! so many entries this week. like i said, nice job on the boss theme concept mike!