OCR03037 - Pokémon Red Version 'Dream Eater Mix'

Liontamer

Interesting juxtaposition between the major-key and minor-key portions; the Lavender town theme seems to lend itself well to both moods. The dubstep was also really well done. Could tick some people off, but I personally think it's on the borderline of like-dislike (I like it, anyway). Keep up the good work! Hope to see more of ya.

Edited by timaeus222

My heart, this ReMix has stolen it. This is such an interesting take on the style that I would not have expected to hear, even if it seems obvious in today's musical world. Music box (seems like the music box is getting a lot of love lately, which is cool) setting up the more intense and energetic dubstep bits entertains the hell out of me, and the weird little girl voice (what it sounds like to me anyway) is a cool touch that reminds me of the creepy pasta stories myself. Glad that you went back and forth on the music box and dubstep bits, it sounds good that way. I, for one, am all for spookystep and would love to hear more of it in the future. Strong debut, man, this is sick as hell.

This ReMix takes a bunch of overplayed, often so-so musical elements (dubstep, music box, creepy little singing girl, etc.) and destroys them with all the passion of a burning sun, pounding out insanely satisfying bass and infusing it with terror to create a masterpiece in the process.

So I kind of like this song, good work! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

The music box intro is definitely a cool idea for a remix, especially when it leads to a dubstep part. But this isn't the kind of dubstep that's perfect to jam to. No. It's more emotional kind of stuff. There still are a couple of moments when it just bursts with energy, though, but they make this spooky-sounding track only more sinister. Nice job!

• 4 weeks later...