OCR03038 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & 2 'SZRC Anthem (Busiest Days of My Life)'

Liontamer

I like the addition of the Aquatic Ruins along with Ice Cap here. It's a nice lead-in. Truthfully, the longer the song goes on, the more it grew on my vocally, and by the end, I was really digging it. The little nod to Hard Times was cool. All in all, not a bad ReMix and certainly a fun song to listen to. Nice work from Flex and OCU.

As much as I love the instrumental track, the vocals are very harsh...so much so that they practically ruin the mood that this remix is going for. It's one of the few times I felt turned off by the track due to the subpar vocals. Singing, melodies/harmonies, and mastering of the vocals could be a lot better than what's presented here. Lyrics is a subjective thing obviously, but in my view I didn't find much of a hook to it in spite of being "meta" and self-referential. I appreciate the nod to Hard Times, but personally it isn't enough for multiple listens.

Sorry for the harsh critique, but I'm used to decent vocal remixes from OCR. This is one of the most unfinished final submissions I've heard in awhile. I know not everything can be a hit obviously and I understand this was part of a competition entry with very limited time in getting things done. What's presented in the final product is impressive relative to the time constraints, but it's not up to par with the bar set in terms of OCR vocal remixes.

Haha, this is one heck of a niche, and I just barely squeeze through the gates of comprehension! The weird, self-referential lyrics and Jetzons tie-in are good fun, but I can't say I much dig the end product. The vocals were just too flat for me to really find a groove, and despite some nifty guitar work here and there, the song didn't go anywhere very interesting.

But simply as a fun, silly idea for a contest? I'm on board, folks! :D

screw you mate it's punk rock

Beavis_%26_Butthead_-_Head_Banging.gif

It's obvious that you didn't read my constructive reply. I'll say it again in case you didn't notice; I love OCR's vocal offerings and I can list you bunch of vocal remixes which are way superior. The Ken Song is an example of one of the oldies but still a way better track. Hale's Bopp's Summertime is also a good one. While both of those are rock tracks, they do have some punk in them. Both have way better vocals.

I'm sorry, but scoffing the obvious vocal shortcomings as punk rock is a straw man's argument. Punk doesn't mean that it needs to be underdeveloped and subpar. I'm not faulting you for liking this track since musical tastes are subjective, but that doesn't mean that we can't constructively critique its flaws. There's a huge gap in production between the awesome backing track and bad vocals which is very distracting to me. If you want true punk, the whole track needs to have that garage sound, which is not the case here.

Haha, what an awesome song! I clearly hear some little differences between this one and SZRC version. But screw it! Who doesn't like powerful, driving songs like this one? And that moment at 1:52 is fucking awesome! This is not usual Flexstyle, but still a freakin' good one. Oh, there's OCU. Well, that's even better!

Edited by Black_Doom

• 1 year later...