OCR03040 - Xenophobe 'Audiophobe'

Liontamer

• 2 weeks later...

My brother bought me the NES version of Xenophone for my birthday last year. It ruined my birthday.

But that's okay, because this is an infectious ReMix of a song not even featured in those unhappy memories (look up the NES soundtrack to discover what I was stuck with). Good energy, constant beat, fun vibe of unstoppable alien attacks. And who doesn't love those?

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...

This arrangement has the really nice pound of a old school hard-hitting electronica. Style-wise this is quite a nice upgrade of the original. The stuttery start-stop fills are quite enjoyable. They break up the relentless energy without losing it.

The bleepy lofi arp that comes in at 0:55 I’m not a fan of. It sounds purposefully off-key, and I think it works - even if I don’t really like it - when there is no other melody playing at the same time. It has a broken machinery feel to it. But when there is other melodic content playing at the same time, it gets in the way and makes the whole part messy, which unfortunately happens for long enough stretches of the track that it’s not enjoyable for me. There’s a lot to like if you don’t mind that though! The full-arrangement stutters at 0:44-0:53 are my favourite.