OCR03047 - Kingdom Hearts 'Simply Be-groove-ed'

Liontamer

When the tempo kicks up at 0:27 and that sweet bassline kicks in, it really reminds me of the main battle theme from Chrono Trigger. I like it.

The Dearly Beloved breakdown at 2:24 that OA mentioned is executed well. (also it reminds me of Chrono Trigger again, but I probably just have the first track from The Brink of Time ingrained in my head)

I enjoyed how expressive the violin is, I think that adds a lot of character to the piece. Nice work from all four musicians.

(Didn't notice this the first listen, but there's this total disco moment at 4:31. The bassline is all over the place on this song, great stuff.)

Seems to be a style of these four to start off a little conservative and personalize it later on with rad solos. I checked out their old music, and they kicked up their game since a year ago, and it was already good back then. Totally groove to me. The solos demonstrated plenty of skill, music theory prowess (or just really good ears), and some excellent arrangement flow.

Edited by timaeus222

This has to be the most interesting I've heard in quite a while, especially from mklachu and krissalad! I've already loved their earlier work such as their cover of Hyrule Temple and Corneria, but this takes the cake. I love the bass, the violin, everything. Although I don't like Kingdom Hearts much, this is something worth listening to for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh, damn! Now this is a groove I can get behind! Such a sexy and cohesive mix, really shows the group's dynamic off well. Love the use of piano and violin throughout the song, and especially in that "call and response" section the group highlighted. Well worth the listen.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Very nice, even if I think the groovier approach doesn't fit too much the source. The performance is excellent once again here, and it's well-recorded and produced. The inclusion of other bits (especially Dearly Beloved) works well. Tetrimino is definitively a name to check -- they produce great arrangements and this one is no exception. :)