S.N.E.S. Starfox map selection [still an incomplete]

Fb=MC2

Here's a song I'm working on...

Currently what I'm well aware of: Timing sucks [i only have access to my electric piano at home and so I have to do it all by hand, but trust me I'm working on my timing with my metronome everyday... sigh...] and it's pretty short. But other than that I'm looking for feedback to see what else can be done.

I've named the track "Do an Aileron roll!"

edit.... forgot to post the source. There're two.

Arpeggios are intentionally meant to sound like Ballad of the windfish while the main source is starfox map selection screen. Here's both.

star fox map selection

windfish song

May incorporate more of the windfish into this... But the main focus is the map select from star fox

stats.png

Edited by Fb=MC2

• 2 weeks later...

Nice source tune.

Some points:

• The choir needs to be turned down, it's drowning out the rest of the parts and it's not that important as it's just a "Pad"
  • The piano is the good part so it needs to be the focus. it sounds a little tiny right now, can you add a bit of chorus, reverb, delay or something to it or perhaps some EQ to make it thicker...
  • String sample is not the greatest and it too is getting hidden under the CHoir which is unfortunate as it has the melody which is the most important part.
  • Can you try arranging it for solo piano? I think that is the best piece of what you've got here and the rest of the arrangement is dragging it down...try taking the string melody and putting it on the right hand of the piano and get rid of the choir and strings completely..

Them's my thoughts pardner