Sonic & Knuckles Flying Battery Zone

Schematist

Hello fellow musicians, I took a big break from composing due to getting ready for grad school, but I am ready to learn how to further strengthen my remixing skills. I wanted to receive feedback on a mix I finished not to long ago. Thanks for having me! :smile:

Source

Remix

https://soundcloud.com/schematist/sonic-and-kunckles-remix-massive-battery

Yeah I kind of have to agree with Neblix here. This feels more like it's been inspired by it than a remix of it. I can certainly pick out similarities in terms of pace and certain elements. It's funny too because I think your piece kinda works in terms of being like classic Sonic music, the big boasty melodies come out nicely and add a lot to the piece and obviously the sound design is about right, but I really didnt feel like I was listening to a remix of the original.

Maybe just change a few chords here and there and go don the path of making an original track? What you've got here is pretty cool and there is no shame in stealing ideas from something you like.

Hmm, I think I can see where you guys are coming from after listening to it again. I was afraid of using the melody that was used in game, so I made a melody that might have fit the sonic feeling, but was out of place to be flying battery. I'll hold on to that FLP file in case I return to it, but I'll try to put this advice into effect for the next project. Thanks!