"Big Muff" - like plugin/synth?

Say, first of all, hello everybody ^^'

It's my first post here, although there's a lot of time I come to OCR and check out some works... But never had all the time to be in the forums.

Now, I'm finally understanding some more of music, so I'm going to try and make some arrangements of my favorite game pieces...

But that one is a multi-purpose to me:

Do you guys know if there's a free plugin, synth, simulator or anything of the Big Muff pedal, immortalized by David Gilmour on mid-late 70's Floyd?

Best wishes to you all,

Cotti.

http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/trash/more_presets.html

You can download a preset there called lithium wich is based of a Big Muff Kurt Cobain used. I haven't tried it but it also has lots of differant drives.

But if you like the Big Muff you should just go and buy it, it's cheap, they vary between units, noone sounds the same. I've tried both amrican and a few russian reissues and the old green one. I prefer the russians but they're all pretty good, just try before you buy to make sure it's the big muff you think it is.

Thanks for the link, gonna check it!

Yes, they say the Russian ones have a "better" sound than the American...

But the fact is that I'm really poor hehe ^^' I got my guitar as a gift from a cousin. And also, here in Brazil music stuff comes with a hell lot of taxes, some items can be more than 300% the equivalent in USA, for example.

Damn taxes ¬¬'