Chrono Trigger Primitive Man

Michael_Lochlann

finished the track. sounds much better now

https://soundcloud.com/christophercollins-3/chrono-trigger-primitive-man

reference track - belzebong - acid funeral. fuzz heaven.

i rerecorded a large part of the bass track because i was picking too hard in metal fever. mixed, mastered

no dinosaurs were harmed in the making of this track. i cannot say the same for alien invaders.

***PUBLIC ANNOUCEMENT*** if you post a track without reviewing someone else's, I will kick you in the penis or vagina, or both, depending on what you have. Contribute to the community if you want people to review your shit, jerks.

Edited by Michael_Lochlann
SWORD OF UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a bass player, it always irks me when a song's bassline is just the same as what the guitar is playing but shifted down an octave :). I'd mess with the bass's or guitar's timbre some more to distinguish the two. I like that section where the bass is doing some fills.

I'm not sure about the hard pan left in the beginning--it's a bit grating.

Have you tried taking a dual-guitar approach? I think it would spice this up. I know you're going for the stoner/doom metal sound but right now, just drums/guitar/bass feels pretty empty. Or maybe some effects? Even in Acid Funeral there are some interesting things going on beyond the base instruments.

Thanks for listening!

I agree with you on it needing a little more, just not sure what that is yet. I like it being a little repetitive and simple as it matches the genre where the riff just repeats for days. Not as good as the Real Bands at grooving and playing so it's harder for me to pull off though.

Thanks again, I really appreciate the feedback

That hard panned guitar in the beginning. That is what I'm talking about. Good stuff. Also, the guitars are just straight up meaty. Actually pretty much everything but the drums are meaty. The bass is nice and solid as well, but could more variation in the way it is played. That little riff in the middle of the track with it? Awesome. Drums are nice and solid for the most part too. Really only thing that would be nice is if the snare had a bit more power to it or a little more top end. But other than that I've got no major nitpicks with the mix.

Composition wise I'd prefer a little more variation all through. Maybe it is just too sedately paced for me or something, but a few more riffs here or there would go a long way. Also, I did not care much for the 2:35 drop off to drum fill. Just seemed completely out of place to me. But for realz those guitars are mad meaty.