(1st Post!) &, A Peaceful Little Town Theme

OSTVicPub

Hey all. At first glance, i can already tell I`m going to like it here. I`ve listened to many of your pieces, and I have to say im pleasantly surprised.There`s a lot of talent, both compositionally and production wise, so i can definitely tell there are going to be people with all sorts of personalities here xD.That being said, I`m excited to exchange ideas, compliments, criticism and advice with everyone here. To start, heres a little piece i just recently finished. Hope you all enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/victor-37/town-theme-halfside-market-3

Edited by OSTVicPub

Welcome to OCR! The best online music, video game and video game music community in the history of the known universe. Some would say that's my opinion, but I like to think it's fact.

Anyway, I'm lovin' this piece. I'd definitely say you've got the oldschool JRPG town theme style down. Love the guitar, lots of dynamics and percussive elements really gel together nicely. 8-)

Hey all. At first glance, i can already tell I`m going to like it here. I`ve listened to many of your pieces, and I have to say im pleasantly surprised.There`s a lot of talent, both compositionally and production wise, so i can definitely tell there are going to be people with all sorts of personalities here xD.That being said, I`m excited to exchange ideas, compliments, criticism and advice with everyone here. To start, heres a little piece i just recently finished. Hope you all enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/victor-37/town-theme-halfside-market-3

Nice job. What kind of plugins did you use to create the panning effect with the acoustic guitar?

Welcome to OCR! The best online music, video game and video game music community in the history of the known universe. Some would say that's my opinion, but I like to think it's fact.

Anyway, I'm lovin' this piece. I'd definitely say you've got the oldschool JRPG town theme style down. Love the guitar, lots of dynamics and percussive elements really gel together nicely. 8-)

Hey I appreciate you taking a look! And I`m glad you liked it! I put a lot of heart into this piece, but i admit there are a lot of things i could do to make it even better. I`ll likely have an updated version for you guys some time in the near future!

-Glad to be a part of the community!

Nice job. What kind of plugins did you use to create the panning effect with the acoustic guitar?

I actually used the lite version of the ample guitar. This piece was initially meant as a test to determine if i wanted to buy that guitar sound or not. I`m definitely liking this VST.

-Anyway, glad you enjoyed the piece!

• 3 weeks later...

I love the atmosphere you've provided here. The guitar puts such a nice relaxing touch to the track.

I actually used the lite version of the ample guitar. This piece was initially meant as a test to determine if i wanted to buy that guitar sound or not. I`m definitely liking this VST.

-Anyway, glad you enjoyed the piece!

How intuitive is Ample Guitar? Did you have to add a lot of effects to the guitar sound in this track? I've been using Acoustic Legends HD, in which the guitars are all recorded so dry and quiet that they don't sound at all convincing unless I add, reverb, compression and EQ.

• 2 weeks later...
I love the atmosphere you've provided here. The guitar puts such a nice relaxing touch to the track.

How intuitive is Ample Guitar? Did you have to add a lot of effects to the guitar sound in this track? I've been using Acoustic Legends HD, in which the guitars are all recorded so dry and quiet that they don't sound at all convincing unless I add, reverb, compression and EQ.

I actually had to add hardly any effects at all. Surprisingly enough, I was only allowed to toy around with a few things. For instance, there are a lot of settings that you can choose from on the ample guitar official plug in, you can even create your own and save them, so infinite possibilities dude. This plug in is very versatile and beautiful sounding. I was only able to use 1 setting, and EQ'd it a bit/ gave it some reverb using my DAW's main mixing tools.

Anyway, I'm glad you liked the sound. If you really like this kind of widespread stereo sound, I would also recommend looking into upstereopro. Amazing plug in that makes your pieces breath and they almost automatically become more dynamic. It's only around 30$, and is I'm every way, worth the small cost.