Plok 3

BJ Blazkowicz 3

Blooper 2

Isaac 2

Larry Laffer 2

Makoto 2

Wolverine 2

Mick and Mac 1

I know my idea is probably really dumb but maybe we could perhaps create our own mascot. It'd save us from a lot of copyright infringement.

Heck, if you want, I could share what I've developed so far :D (of course what I have thus far is a long-haired youth (similar to how SFIII's Yang has his hair) with a sleeveless hoodie, handwraps, and kanji (Japanese lettering) on the hoodie mentioned earlier.

It was a design I had for my school's "Anime Society", but of course, even though I'm the art director, I got brushed off again. So I figured with some improvement, you guys could use him. :D

The only thing missing is colors. If anyone's interested I'll post the sketch so you guys can help me choose colors.

I know my idea is probably really dumb but maybe we could perhaps create our own mascot. It'd save us from a lot of copyright infringement.

Heck, if you want, I could share what I've developed so far :D (of course what I have thus far is a long-haired youth (similar to how SFIII's Yang has his hair) with a sleeveless hoodie, handwraps, and kanji (Japanese lettering) on the hoodie mentioned earlier.

It was a design I had for my school's "Anime Society", but of course, even though I'm the art director, I got brushed off again. So I figured with some improvement, you guys could use him. :D

The only thing missing is colors. If anyone's interested I'll post the sketch so you guys can help me choose colors.

For the mascots, they're low-res versions of character images paired with information from the bios, so, not that I'm a lawyer, but I believe we have an instance of fair use. We've taken down mascots by request, but overall we're not worried about infringement due to the nature of the usage.

We're not going to use unrelated non-VG characters as our mascots, since we're a video game arrangement site. That said, when we change forums (hopefully sometime in Q1 2015), people should be able to upload their own avatars and you can use whatever you want, including the OC you're developing.

If you want to vote on the 3 characters from the OP that you'd like to see added to the rotation, go for it!

For the mascots, they're low-res versions of character images paired with information from the bios, so, not that I'm a lawyer, but I believe we have an instance of fair use. We've taken down mascots by request, but overall we're not worried about infringement due to the nature of the usage.

We're not going to use unrelated non-VG characters as our mascots, since we're a video game arrangement site. That said, when we change forums (hopefully sometime in Q1 2015), people should be able to upload their own avatars and you can use whatever you want, including the OC you're developing.

If you want to vote on the 3 characters from the OP that you'd like to see added to the rotation, go for it!

Wasn't OCR-Tan a thing once upon a time?

Wasn't OCR-Tan a thing once upon a time?

OCR-tan's fine since that's an OC made for the site. Maybe one day.

In the case of characters:

1) Professor Layton

2) Yun (Street Fighter)

3) Master Hand (Smash Bros.)

And I'm gonna' cheat and...

4) Beck (Mighty No. 9)

The 50 characters you can vote on are in the first post. Professor Layton's already a mascot. Read the first post. :lol:

The 50 characters you can vote on are in the first post. Professor Layton's already a mascot. Read the first post. :lol:

I blame the ass-backwards latest-post-first default layout for registered users.

Seriously though, until you get used to it, the first thing you see is the most recent discussion, and you might not bother going back to read the first post(s).

I blame the ass-backwards latest-post-first default layout for registered users.

Seriously though, until you get used to it, the first thing you see is the most recent discussion, and you might not bother going back to read the first post(s).

I'll nag djp about that, but even with a last-post-first layout, there's still the first post to look at. Gotta look! :-D

I'll nag djp about that...

Aaaawwwwwww, but that'll ruin the fun! All anyone has to do is go into their User Control Panel (User CP) along the top, click on "Edit Options," and scroll down to "Thread Display Options." Pick "Linear - Oldest First," and presto... done.

It'll take them all of twenty seconds, and then their life will be filled with joy, kittens, and only occasional irregularity :-D

Edited by The Coop