OCR03055 - Final Fantasy VI 'Umaro's New Groove'

Liontamer

Ok, so I admit that my expectations for this remix (an odd take on a source tune I didn't particularly love?) did not necessarily give me the warm fuzzies. I hit play and decided to give it a minute... which was good enough to try a second minute... which I loved and wanted to hear more... and by the end I was just floored. The description that goes with the music really is perfect - a must read - and the unique and singular nature of the dance of instruments and fun, not-too-serious vibe was a SMASHING success. Really unique and special - give this mix a listen!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Man, Archangel, you really know how to work a cartoonish arrangement. This is excellent. Digging the story behind the mix and I can totally picture it in my end along with the music. Sounds like ripe pickings for someone to animate, I'd say. Playful, silly and all around fun, everything you could ask for in a ReMix like this one.

• 10 months later...

Wow, this is excellent. Reminds me a lot of Joe/XPRTNovice's stuff. The choice of instruments is on spot, and the performance is excellent. Very interesting way to arrange this track, but it fits it very well. It even has a little adventurous vibe to it. I enjoyed it a lot, and I hope to hear more stuff like this in the future. :D

• 1 year later...

Hey there!  I can't believe that no one has mentioned in this thread the word bassoon, or better, CONTRABASSOON!  It represents Umaro himself and is the main character in this piece.  As someone who's played bassoon for many years, I was absolutely delighted to hear the lowest member of the woodwind family featured so prominently and so playfully - wonderful!  It just shows the breadth of character and expression this instrument is capable of.

Now what I really want to know, however, is whether this was a live contrabassoon performance or not.  I can't imagine this being done digitally, though I am not a composer or mixer - just a player - so I really have little concept of what is possible these days.  It sounds very authentic.  But whether it is live or synthesized, I'm impressed either way.  Bravo!

c8a2a5ea98929300429e4048a8eb9c26.jpg