Music for Streaming

Semulin

Hello ladies & gents,

I'm a streamer of a game called Magic the Gathering. This game has no music. None at all. Before I made partner, I'd stream OC Remix songs and had a blast! My viewers loved it! But reading through the terms here, it says I can't do that if I'm a twitch partner. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way I can reach out to some of the artists to ask permission to stream their tunes. I'd have the name of the song, the composer, the remixer and where to find it on stream. I'm a smaller stream currently, usually between 100-300 views. Any help is appreciated. Thank you :)

~Travis / Semulin

Well, you have my permission! I have a page just for this very thing on my website.

http://www.zirconmusic.com/the-zircon-vault/

My friend and fellow remixer Jimmy Hinson (Big Giant Circles) has the same sort of policy:

http://www.biggiantcircles.com/streaming/

I see Big Giant Circles also gives permission to use any tracks hosted on OCRemix

"You must purchase the music legally. (Note, using my freely-available remixes is fine too)"

Do you have a similar policy to that? Using your freely-available remixes?

Honestly I've got a tiny Youtube channel and got sick of getting hassled by Content ID handling companies, but now I just love listening to these remixes whilst making my videos, and enjoy letting others listen to them too!

I feel like this should be a sticky somewhere, yeah? Maybe in an more generalized topic regarding copyright and such. Maybe not even for game remixes (it's a bit of a grey area from what I understand), but a lot of OCR featured artists seem to be cool with this type of stuff.

Would probably be handy for a lot of people to have a quick repository of sources for streamable music.

I see Big Giant Circles also gives permission to use any tracks hosted on OCRemix

"You must purchase the music legally. (Note, using my freely-available remixes is fine too)"

Do you have a similar policy to that? Using your freely-available remixes?

Honestly I've got a tiny Youtube channel and got sick of getting hassled by Content ID handling companies, but now I just love listening to these remixes whilst making my videos, and enjoy letting others listen to them too!

Yes, go right ahead!